• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool Box Organization

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Since purchasing a new 46" mobile work bench I rearranged all my tools. This created a problem with me remembering where all the tools are now. I got some tips from Garage Journal.com.

I bought a 25' roll of 1" magnetic dry erase strip roll. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L7MYPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a Dymo 1/2" label maker lying around I had bought on sale some years ago at Staples.

I cut the strips 3" long except a few cut to fit for the longer names. Then printed out all the labels and stuck them on the dry erase strips. I cleaned all the drawer fronts and placed the magnetic strips on the drawers.

The magnets are strong enough the labels don't move when shutting the drawers. If I buy new tools or choose to move them around I can swap the magnetic labels around.

You can also write on the magnetic strips if you don't have a label maker.

It cost me about $15 IIRC for the Dymo label maker and $18 for the magnetic strip on Amazon. I have lots of magnetic strip left over for future projects.

What do you think?

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

It's nice to know where your hemostats are when the guys are Bogarting.

I had to buy the hemostats just to replace the fuel lines on my gas powered leaf blower and chain saw. I haven't used them for smoking refer since the 80s.

I knew a guy who, after buying his first car, dymo labeled EVERYTHING in it ... "driver window crank" "passenger arm rest" "left sun visor", etc, etc. I **** you not !!!

The labels are ugly, to me. But, they will come off when no loner needed. Assuming my memory holds up long enough.

Now where did I put my Ginko?

Auto Transport Service
Back