• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque converter

Chris1973Rr

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
looking for a 3200 stall converter what brand do you guys recommended

I've used a Dynamic 9 1/2" race/street, 3500 stall. It worked great and they have excellent customer service.

Dynamic is my vote but there are plenty. Frank Lupo at Dynamic is a genius imho. My converter drives normally even at 2000 rpm. Hit it and it flashes to 4200 and the car turns into it's own evil twin.

Its seriously like owning two cars. I've driven off the shelf converters that are loose until you hit their stall rpm. Thy turn your car into a one trick poney and all you end up doing is wishing you could enjoy the other aspects of your car, whether it be street or strip.

ATI makes a good converter.

Turbo action, if you don't want to spend a grand.

Yes yes yes! Have an 11" PTC on my 318 poly that is fantastic. Just ordered a 9 1/2" 3200 stall PTC from Cope because he asked if, "I would like to burn the tires down to the rims."

And it was $495 plus the ride.

Dynamic is my vote but there are plenty. Frank Lupo at Dynamic is a genius imho. My converter drives normally even at 2000 rpm. Hit it and it flashes to 4200 and the car turns into it's own evil twin.

Its seriously like owning two cars. I've driven off the shelf converters that are loose until you hit their stall rpm. Thy turn your car into a one trick poney and all you end up doing is wishing you could enjoy the other aspects of your car, whether it be street or strip.

Hi, wondering if your converter was an off the shelf unit or a custom build?

PTC makes a very good aprox $450 converter. Weve been in the nines with them.
Doug

Time for me to swap out my stock converter. I will be making some calls soon. My car is a street car, but would be much more fun to not have to chug from 1200rpm to 2800 until my boost comes in, though it is easier to keep my street tires grabbing. I am not settled on my cam yet so unsure if i should get a custom one built yet.

There is a company near where I live on this side of the border called TCS that builds converters, transmissions ect. Has anyone here heard of them?

http://tcsproducts.com/

It was custom, but based off his very popular 9.5" street strip.

Same hear as I run a Luppo Dynamic converter as does my son and they both work great. They are custom built off of their 9.5 street/strip converter. Mine drives like a normal car and will flash to about 4200 at the track. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back