• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

torsion bars orientation front to back matter

67belvedere/225

Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
i just bought mopar performance t bars . they have writing on both ends
but on one of ends are painted does it matter if anybody know witch way goes in front
they say left and rt but not frt to rear

here it is

IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2215.JPG

There is only side to side, no front to back. Think of them like putting a nut on a bolt ... doesn't matter which hand holds the bolt, it still screws on the same way.

I'd put the L and R ends in the sockets at the cross member. Barring that, the ends where the retaining clips go are at the rear.
I believe Yatzee is correct, L/R go in the torsion bar cross member. HOWEVER, if they are brand new, I guess it doesn't matter???

What I was always told was that once you "twisted" torsion bars one direction their whole life, they'd break pretty quickly if you started twisting them the other direction (switching them left-right or putting them on the correct side, but backwards front-back). Anyway, stock was L (driver) and R (passenger) with those ends at the cross member

Last edited:
i put them in cross member socket with the lines as close to vertical as possible. I thought they were marked left and right,....?

i just bought mopar performance t bars . they have writing on both ends
but on one of ends are painted does it matter if anybody know witch way goes in front
they say left and rt but not frt to rear
:popcorn:

Just for grins, try this...

Yeah, the term is clocked right. Marked on both ends? F it!

The rear 'sockets' in the cross-member are in a fixed position. The sockets in the front are NOT, and will rotate down, with the lower control arm at the lowest point. (That's with the assembly together, and the UPPER control arm against the stop.)
I usually back off the height adjuster bolt, until the end of the bolt is almost flush.

Look through the rear socket, from the rear, to the front socket. You will see a little difference of angles, from the two hexes. Don't recall which way, but from left to right, that angle is...OPPOSITE. Okay?

Lay the bars on a table, floor, with the ends of your choice for the rear socket the same, and a flat of the hex 'flat' on that surface. Hopefully, you have R on the 'right' side...lol.
Then, look at the 'front' hexes. They should be at a slight angle, and opposite. Do they match up with the angles of the sockets themselves? If not, flip, and start over, until they do.

Auto Transport Service
Back