• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transbrake Wiring

plumwagon

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Finally had Griner Transbrake installed yesterday. The transmission shop wouldn't wire it, so it's stuck on the trailer until I can get it done. It's a single wire coming out of the trans. I have a 2 wire button. I am assuming the 2 step wire and transbrake wire together on one side of the button and other side fused 12v power. Just want to make sure before I start. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you spraying off the line? If so then wiring a little more involved. If you are running NA then a single relay works fine. One side power one side ground.

You guys are using relays? Wouldn't that make it a little inconsistent? Just asking.....

Thanks for the replies. No spray yet, right now just NA. Wasn't sure on the relay no relay opinion.

I have to do this in the next month or so as well . I will use a digital relay .
Outlet to 2 step as well

Tex

No issue with delay or consistance here.

Are you running a delay box?

No box. 2 relays. One cuts the spray out when I’m on the brake. The other controls the brake itself.

some use relays some dont,if your running a pro tree,dont want a relay would slow your reaction time,if your using a box a relay would be ok

Got it all wired up, thanks for all the replies. Now what's a good starting point for 2 step / transbrake launch RPM? Also what happens if the button is accidentally pushed while driving down the street?

You will skid your tires. DONT BUMP THAT BUTTON. VERY BAD.
See where your converter stalls and adjust from there. I leave at 2800. Some load theirs way up. It will be a bit of trial and error.

Thanks Wookie, I have a 5500 converter but during foot braking it doesn't seem to stall to 5500.

Rookie question incoming, Is your stall speed based on your rpm range so if your power range starts at 4500 you would want a 4500 stall?

I got a lot of learning to do before my trans gets here

I am presuming you have a Dana rear end with that transbrake. I have a 3600 chip for my trans brake. Never tried any more or never tried any less. Seems to work for me. Many fellow racers have told me anything over 3500 would not decrease my 60-foot times I have only one race with my trans brake. It went 10.30's. I had the wrong set of tires (m/t ET Streets) at that race. I now have a brand new set of stiff sidewall Hoosier tires hoping to go in the 1020 s at the Race 2 weeks from now

Thanks Mike, Yep Dana 60, 456 spool Moser axels. I have a Griner band on transbrake. Is the chip in your MSD box? I don't have a chip
just setting 2 step at 3500 or so for first launch.

IMG_3078.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back