• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgrading 69 B Body Firewall for a 6.4 HEMI

69ChargerVert

Local time
3:07 AM
Reaction score
Relative newby here... prepping my 69 Charger convertible for a 6.4 Gen III Hemi, was wondering if someone can tell me all the holes that need to be welded up on the firewall and which ones need to remain?

1_Side View Rotisserie.JPG Firewall_Primer.jpg Passenger_Inner Fender.jpg Driver_Inner Fender.jpg

Very cool project, definitely the convertible Dodge should've made! I filled most of the holes in my firewall all except for the master cylinder, clutch, steering column, gas pedal, throttle cable, and wiper motor hole. And I added a hole in the center just above the trans tunnel for my engine in fuel injection harness.
Good luck with your project and please post more pictures!
Thanks
Pat

Pat, as always, you are the man! Perfect instructions, THANK YOU! I'm a couple of months away from cutting the trans tunnel for the Tremec 6 speed, I like your process the best of all I've seen. If you have other ideas / links for cutting the trans tunnel I'd love to get your thoughts!
Thanks much,
Tim

what did you use to make the body? charger cut the roof add sattellite convertible parts ? Or add charger sheet metal to a convertible body?

I only kept the hole for the steering column, brake booster, clutch linkage (master cyl for hyd clutch is now there), throttle cable and wiped motor. The hole above the bulkhead is for all the vacuum lines that operate the headlight buckets, I did away with that by switching to solenoid operated vacuum valves mounted under the fender. Also moved the wiring to where it comes out directly being the motor where it's hidden.

what did you use to make the body? charger cut the roof add sattellite convertible parts ? Or add charger sheet metal to a convertible body?

I started with a rough 69 Charger RT - and a rough 69 Satellite Convertible - the Sat was trashed but had all the vert parts in it - grafted the Sat parts to the Charger and put all new Charger sheetmetal on it

IMG_0430.JPG IMG_0383.JPG

Nice , that's a lot of work, I have A superbird convertible ,all bolt on and am doing a 70 dart convertible ,grafted the 70 rear on already , still not what you are doing , I like the project though , have you seen the red with white stripe 69 charger convertible

Pat, as always, you are the man! Perfect instructions, THANK YOU! I'm a couple of months away from cutting the trans tunnel for the Tremec 6 speed, I like your process the best of all I've seen. If you have other ideas / links for cutting the trans tunnel I'd love to get your thoughts!
Thanks much,
Tim

When my 67 was restored they installed a new 6.4l with a 6 speed tremec. Runs real nice now.

My advice would be to look at keepat's thread on dodgecharger.com!

When my 67 was restored they installed a new 6.4l with a 6 speed tremec. Runs real nice now.

My advice would be to look at keepat's thread on dodgecharger.com!
Thanks! I know Pat well... we text regularly sharing ideas back and forth... mostly him teaching me what to do! A fine craftsman and super guy too.

Auto Transport Service
Back