• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper ball joint dust boot issues.

plymouthman72

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I am finally getting around to installing the front end on my car and for the life if me can not get the dust boots to slide on the upper ball joints. Does anyone know of a trick to get these bad boys on? It's a factory control arm for a 72 roadrunner and it's a new ball joint from pst suspensions. Thanks for any help on this issue. It's always the simple things right?

Oil around the inside perimeter of the cup and the outside perimeter of the joint......

Find a piece of pvc pipe that the outer edge of the boot sits flush with the bottom edge of the pvc pipe. Cut the pipe to the right length and drive the boot on slowly...

Mine were tight to get on too. They went ALMOST all the way on, but wouldn't go the rest of the way. I just took a large flat tipped punch and a small hammer and gently worked around the rim until it was seated.

Auto Transport Service
Back