• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using Cordoba booster to eliminate spacer on 71-74s with 2-bolt master?

Montclaire

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
I came across a thread on moparts saying that if you were upgrading to the newer style 2-bolt master, to use a booster from a 79 Cordoba or Magnum. It will fit the 71-74 firewall but is set up for a 2 bolt master so you can skip the $40 adapter. They were light on other details.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like there is a difference in pivot bolt thickness?

Last edited:
yes I did this in my 74 satellite. as long as you have the power linkage from the booster on the earlier b body the late model cordobe booster should line up just fine. in fact. i'm setup here to do it on my 73 charger as well, just haven't got to it yet. the positions of the all the lines bolted right up as well as the thread sizes between the cast iron master and the aluminum one.

no the booster isn't any smaller, its just a modern take on the old design with provision to mount the 2 bolt master directly.

Auto Transport Service
Back