• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacationing in Destin Fla

Mike67

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Been here in vacation with the family and its beautiful...we took a dolphin boat tour yesterday had a great time and I took a couple of photos I thought were gorgeous and wanted to share...

20170627_195921.jpg 20170627_195544.jpg 20170627_195656.jpg 20170627_195026.jpg

Was there last summer. A beautiful place. The shops along the pier are really nice can't remember the name of the bar but you can eat and drink overlooking the water. There is a local Irish bar that has like 2 million dollar bills taped up all over the place. Good food and beer. We stayed at the Emerald Grand.

Have a great time!

Beautiful. Been there. Not Destin, but flying to Florida on Friday. Love Florida in Summer.
Trade winds and less snow birds.

Love that first picture, could be a poster, painting, mural, etc. Enjoy

It's really neat place, traffic is a little heavier than I would have thought but ehh... I'm in no hurry. Water is abosulutley beautiful. We rented a house closer to Miramar. Its definitely on the list to do again!

Gorgeous scene - hope you enjoy your time there. A lot different than TX aye?

I lived there a few years back over in Crestview or as the locals call Crestucky. Worked at Eglin AFB/Duke Field. Fishing is fantastic!!! Mackerel and Red Fish is my favorite. Great Golf all over that part and the sea food is tops. Miss it only in that regard otherwise too damn hot and humid....cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

And speaking of seafood had some blackened grouper, hush puppies and sweet tea for lunch!

Sounds like fun

Looks beautiful, enjoy the vacation...

Your at the tip that's the worst traffic in FL any thing near Miami I hate going down there. Bit hey to each his own enjoy your hot sticky sweaty sun burning mosquito infested humid vacation! I may be heading to Miami to look a a old dodge brothers sedan next week I guess we'll see .have fun don't let the sharks bit or gators or.....

Ya the traffic sux! Humidity???? If this is the worst it gets ( humidity) I'm might be moving!!!
We went and played a round of golf at Bluewater Bay and didn't have any issues w/mosquitos...it was the dang gnats!
I haven't picked up my clubs in about 5 years and probably would have shot a low 80....but every backswing or putt I would have 3-4 of those damn things fly up some orifice ( nose, ear, mouth or eyes)
It was pretty miserable...still shot a 90

Last edited:
Love that first picture, could be a poster, painting, mural, etc. Enjoy

Devin it was one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen. I asked the captain if he minded if I stood on the rail and leaned against the t-top to get the shot...I wish I would have had our good camera...those were with my phone...

I'm counting down the days for our departure.... fly into Miami, jump on the ship and turn off the phone for a week!:)

We'll be at the 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman, some river tubing in Jamaica and still undecided on what to do in Cosmel? Would love to snorkel but it scares the **** out of me.. I'll take plenty of pics.

Ya the traffic sux! Humidity???? If this is the worst it gets ( humidity) I'm might be moving!!!
We went and played a round of golf at Bluewater Bay and didn't have any issues w/mosquitos...it was the dang gnats!
I haven't picked up my clubs in about 5 years and probably would have shot a low 80....but every backswing or putt I would have 3-4 of those damn things fly up some orifice ( nose, ear, mouth or eyes)
It was pretty miserable...still shot a 90

Great place to play Golf. Which courses did you play as there are if I remember correctly there are 4 nine hole courses that you can mix and match. Had a Friend that lived along one of them and we would hit that for a quick cool dip in his pool and grab some cold ones and then hop back into the cart and keep playing. There is a great dockside bar/eatery in that development that was also one of my favorite hang outs...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back