• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vintage gas pump value ?

oscar01

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
sunoco blue.jpg

I am looking to place the value on this pump I did notice one odd thing that the volume read out is in liters and below that the label states price per gallon. thanks in advance. sunoco blue 1.jpg

Nice looking pump. I like watching the pickers show as these come up from time to time. My uneducated guess is about $800USD.

That has quite a few blends on it!

When I ran a Sunoco back in the late '70s we only had five blends. And I don't remember "Blue" Sunoco.

x2 on the smaller number of blends.

If it were more like the ones I remembered (and it's close) I might be a player.

My uneducated guess is a grand. That baby looks to be in great shape. Although it doesn't look that old. Personally I like those old time pumps with the glass tops that you can see the gas run through. This one is probably what- 60's - 70's maybe. Still coooooool though

The market today is for the see-through pumps, although for the life of me I don't know why. One would think if you have a 60-70s car you would want a 60/70s pump and not one from the 1920/30s.

I would agree the pump is Canadian. We took a lot of trips to Canada when I was a kid, and they had the price per gallon for us Americans who had no clue what a bunch of liters equated to. I remember my Dad looking for how much a gallon cost when he was getting gas up there.

There was an antiques shop near us selling a similar pump last year. I think they started at $800 and the last ad I saw it in was at $400. It didn't have a globe on top, but your pump being metric and showing liters might hurt the value a bit.

i have a similar style pump I've gutted the inside were the plumbing goes and have a fridge in it.as mentioned above whats the fascination with the visy pumps they aren't the correct era for our cars

petrol-pump-fridge-wayne-605-in-golden-fleece-livery-with-reproduction-ram.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back