• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vitamin C / Go Mango and Paint and Store

Zell

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I found a store (link below) selling UreKem brand Vitamin C / Go Mango from 1970. Has anyone had experience with this store and paint quality?

Strange, the paint list has K2 listed as a metallic color (other than the one provided on the page the paint chips I have seen do not list K2 as a metallic color).

http://shop.thecoatingstore.com/197...ngo-K2-Car-Kit-1970-DODGE-CHARGER-K2-CKIT.htm

Please share any recommendations for paint stores or any person to talk to on the forum, I'm open to any paint suggestions.

I found a store (link below) selling UreKem brand Vitamin C / Go Mango from 1970. Has anyone had experience with this store and paint quality?

Strange, the paint list has K2 listed as a metallic color (other than the one provided on the page the paint chips I have seen do not list K2 as a metallic color).

http://shop.thecoatingstore.com/197...ngo-K2-Car-Kit-1970-DODGE-CHARGER-K2-CKIT.htm

Please share any recommendations for paint stores or any person to talk to on the forum, I'm open to any paint suggestions.
you can also try TCP Global Restoration shop as well, both are low grade products however. For in depth advice you can pm me

My Challenger is K2, Go Mango, product is PPG. It does have flakes in it, but they blend so well you have to look "into" it to see them.
IMG_0690.JPG

K2 and V2 are both metallic, but they can mix it without if you want.

Have it mixed in PPG DBC, basecoat. Your "ground coat" sealer will have to be mixed close to Value of top coat. you can take white sealer and add some House Of Kolor orange Kandy Koncentrate to make your "ground coat". My Buddy at the paint store has original paint chips in Lacquer and Enamel. K2 has aluminum in the formulation, but will be drowning in the other toners, so will not be super noticeable. That color is $800 per gallon in my area. Good base coat is important. You can try Chromabase or Matrix.
K2 formula.jpg
IMG_1110.jpg

I've used matrix before I was a little iffy but the paint came out fantastic . I would probably use it over the more expensive brand s the car has sold so I don't know if it's still holding up or not!

Thanks for the paint info! @SureGrip I've still got chest pains for that number!!!

From what I've been reading across a ton of forums PPG seems to be an industry standard for restos and good paint. How far does a gallon go with DBC? I'm assuming it gets reduced a fair amount?
My experience so far is with the mass market paints, typically shot through a harbor freight gun in the driveway as I am trying to beat the rainstorm that is rolling in. This will be the first time I even shoot a base/clear separately! (And yes, I am going to splurge and get a better gun, and not the $60 harbor freight gun either)

Thanks for the paint info! @SureGrip I've still got chest pains for that number!!!

From what I've been reading across a ton of forums PPG seems to be an industry standard for restos and good paint. How far does a gallon go with DBC? I'm assuming it gets reduced a fair amount?
My experience so far is with the mass market paints, typically shot through a harbor freight gun in the driveway as I am trying to beat the rainstorm that is rolling in. This will be the first time I even shoot a base/clear separately! (And yes, I am going to splurge and get a better gun, and not the $60 harbor freight gun either)
When you get to a certain level of quality paint, its [almost] all the same. It's a Coke vs Pepsi debate. The best quality paint is Spies, Standox or Glasurit. I just recommend PPG DBC or Dupont Chroma base because it's good basecoat and easily accessible. DBC reduction is 1:1 , I like to buy 1 gallon unreduced for exterior & 2 quarts unreduced for all jambs.That gives you 3 gallons sprayable color with leftover for touch ups, later on down the line. I dont' like running out! I keep those separated for touch up reasons. For this color K2, I mix up a white sealer to a pale light orange. That helps immensely with coverage & a true K2 color. Always do a spray out panel with clear! No harm in having a HF gun for clear 1.5 mm, I would try to find an old NR95 SATA [rebuilt] 1.3mm or 1.4mm .Sometimes you can find them on ebay or CL or if you have a spraygun repair shop in your area.If you can't find one a Devilbiss Finishline 1:4 will work.the time when a good gun shines is when you spray colors with pearl or metallics. I hope this helps.

Yes, it helps very much. The shop that did the metal work on the car put a layer of epoxy primer down. I was going to get some white SPI 2k primer on top, should I just mix some of the base coat with that to get that 'pale to light orange' you were describing?

Yes, it helps very much. The shop that did the metal work on the car put a layer of epoxy primer down. I was going to get some white SPI 2k primer on top, should I just mix some of the base coat with that to get that 'pale to light orange' you were describing?
Not enough info. What does metal work mean? Does that mean it's ready for paint? You have do do a little mudwork? pm me

Auto Transport Service
Back