• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waking up the beast

Maybe, just maybe Ill get a race in this year.

20171004_124542.jpg

what the hell takes 10 months ?
to do machine work, even if parts are a problem
that's just wrong

should have taken it somewhere else
after like 2 months

I do remember a piston delivery issue...
Maybe that was another member too :poke:

You'd think the douchebag would want to get it done
& get his payment, hopefully you didn't pay upfront...

what the hell takes 10 months ?
to do machine work, even if parts are a problem
that's just wrong

should have taken it somewhere else
after like 2 months

I do remember a piston delivery issue...
Maybe that was another member too :poke:

You'd think the douchebag would want to get it done
& get his payment, hopefully you didn't pay upfront...
Im completely baffled by his attention to this.
I had to force him to take some money a couple times so I wouldn't have a giant bill upon completion.
Im over it now.
I just need to get a couple passes in tk make sure it will be ready for next year.
I didn't mind spending the summer with my family doing other stuff.
I have already prepared them for my absence next summer however.

Im completely baffled by his attention to this.
I had to force him to take some money a couple times so I wouldn't have a giant bill upon completion.
Im over it now.
I just need to get a couple passes in tk make sure it will be ready for next year.
I didn't mind spending the summer with my family doing other stuff.
I have already prepared them for my absence next summer however.
A break every so often never hurts...

Good luck & go kick some ***...

If you still don't have that thing I would be shoving a camshaft up his ***. I just hope he did a good job, there is absolutely no reason it should take that long. I could have machined and built that thing in a few days when I did it for a living. I'm actually mad for you, I hate these guys that make a career out of this stuff. You would think one would just want to knock it out and move on to the next one.

If you still don't have that thing I would be shoving a camshaft up his ***. I just hope he did a good job, there is absolutely no reason it should take that long. I could have machined and built that thing in a few days when I did it for a living. I'm actually mad for you, I hate these guys that make a career out of this stuff. You would think one would just want to knock it out and move on to the next one.
Had to order new push rods.
They should have gotten here on Friday but haven't checked in with him.
I had no reason to think this guy would string this thing along like this.
When he's done, I'll grab all my **** and never go back.
Nothing else to do at this point.
I should still have at least a couple weeks to get in some test n tune time, even if I have to go south a bit.
I still want to get a converter built but wont order it until every thing is tested.

Im off to see the "progress" on the motor.
Ill post a picture when I get there. I'm expecting to see this.

20171004_124542.jpg

Welp,
Bottom end is finally together.
I was really hoping to see more but the pushrods didn't get there on Friday either.
Maybe now that he fucked me out of an entire season of racing I'll let him sit on it without paying him until the spring.

20171023_111547.jpg 20171023_111557.jpg

Thanks for the updates Bob :thumbsup:

sorry to see & hear it's still not finished :BangHead:

You guys really know how to cheer a fella up.

Waited to get my heap back together several times. Many engine shops & chassis chops are more than willing to receive your stuff and tell you it will be done on Monday.......they didn't say which Monday:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

You also were able to go to the track and watch.When your running the car it's harder to spectate.

I never win any money or trophies spectating.

That not the end of the world.That many plastic dust collectors you don't have to worry about.But when you come out and dial it in your a force to be reconed with.You cut a killer light!

Auto Transport Service
Back