• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wallflower on the board, first post

milehigh

Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Picked up a 68 Coronet RT 4 speed car today, will be around a little more often to learn the ins and outs of what makes the mopar tick.

00o0o_b4JAZJH9DeZ_600x450.jpg 00R0R_3aiOAQYuS0j_600x450.jpg 00F0F_3shla5zee0m_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, pretty excited to get back into Mopars, spent some time away on Oldsmobile's.

Welcome back to the fold. That looks like a bad-*** engine with that manifold on top. Did you race it for a while? :thumbsup:

Ok ok I give, a thousand pardons. Im just a car guy, But will never say the Ch vy word, just the oddball good stuff.

No I just bought this today. The previous owner had it back in HS, 1971 and raced it on the street. Put some 5 something gears in the rear end and what you see. With power nothing, pretty good hot rod back then Im sure. Ill make it better.

Car looks like fun! Hello and welcome from Mpls. Those cars look fast when there sittin still.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of Mopars. The taillight panel of the 68 Coronet is a nice looking design.
First up, we take in all kinds here: Americans, foreigners that speak and write English well and even a few Liberals. WE like humor, nekkid women and beautiful cars. Some guys here are into the classic look with fat rear tires on 15" rims, others are into the modern trend with bigger wheels, bigger brakes and suspensions built for cornering. We all get along well though because there is a general theme of mutual respect. People have been banned from the site for posting comments that have zero value except to piss others off. Some members here will respond with posts that seem to ramble on so long, you'd think that they are paid by the word (Budnicks!)
Lots of great people here so again, Welcome to the board!

Welcome Milehigh! You're already in the second step of recovery! You've released yourself from that nasty Oldsmobile addiction, and by that R/T finding you, you'll be fine.
You have joined an exclusive bunch, as we sometimes can throw insults, scratch and claw each other, but we are one. As the T- shirt says, you mess with one of us, you're messin with the whole Trailer Park!
There are only 2 rules for membership:
1. If a fellow Mopar guy (gal) needs help- give it. Technical, physical, financial, whatever.
2. See # 1
3. Your new addiction is FBBO, just succumb to it.
Okay, so that's 3, never take me seriously.

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan, great car to start with.

Nice car! 68 Coronet R/Ts are the handsomest of the the B-Body IMO.
Are you going to change the color?

Sweet 68 coronet!

Love the intake....I would have to put that back on it!

Also, welcome to the forum and looking forward to more pics!

Welcome aboard from the East coast. Don't let these guys raz you about your past Olds life. After my 70 Roadrunner and 70 Satty convertible, my favorite car is a 70 Olds 442 W-30. F em if they can't take a joke !!!!!!! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back