• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanta Be Road Runner

73 arm rest new trim 2017.jpg

The plastic trim was rotted so I made one out of stainless steel.

Been a long road but that's sometimes how it goes. Cool ride, and nice work.

Thanks for the kind words. I have a truck I'm working on too and it should be painted in the next 2 weeks. I will be spending most of my time putting it back together. After it is done then I will work on the sheet metal and body work on my Satellite.

Had this all typed up and lost everything. long story short ignition switch I installed several months ago is bad loosing power when starting. Victor at DeLeon Dyno Tuning hot wired the distributor and remote start switch got it to start with out touching the gas peddle. first time I have seen that happen sense I bought the car. the nthe dip stick broke off about 2" from the end. hopefully it is laying in the bottom of the pan. Should get my car back early next week after the dyno tune it.

Nice to see it coming along! You sound like me doing everything 2-3 times before getting it right. but I will say in the end it will be worth it can't ait to see pics of it on the road. Maybe head a little north and meet up at a cars n coffee one sunday.

Well it has been quite a week getting the issue worked out. A bit of a list of issues.
1 ignition switch Bought 3rd one and it is doing the same thing Standard Brand. so I orkered on from Classic Industries. for now using switch under the dash to start it.
2 Water temp sensor I changed it out for one that would fit in the intake. big mistake. not correct OHM's. computer was reading -5 degrees in the morning adding 3 time the fuel on cold start. Relocated the heater hose to install correct temp sensor.
3 alternator & Regulator was bad. when electric fans turned on voltage would drop below 13.1 volts and it would start miss firing. computer requires at least 13 volts to work right.
4 Wrong Distributor was not the right one to use with Fitech controlling the timing. The only one that works is MSD 8534 for small block Mopar and MSD adjustable rotor 84211 to phase the rotor and cap. Phasing is like adjusting the dwell because the distributor gets locked out.
now that its running good time for dyno run. hope to be driving it this afternoon.

Yehaw its running. Dyno run went well 375 rear wheel HP at 5,000RPM. :lol:
still only getting 13.7 volts from new alternator and regulator. I will have to drive it with the light on and fans running to see if it drops below 13 volts.

Awesome! Nice power from a 318 for sure!

I'd love to see some updated pictures of the car and engine bay...

1973 390 engine top 12.21.14.jpg
Awesome! Nice power from a 318 for sure!

I'd love to see some updated pictures of the car and engine bay...

It's 318 stroked to 390 CI. it does not look like much rats nest of wiring to clean up. I was able to drive down to gas station this afternoon and fill up the tank. drove home and clean the windows, aired up the tires, 5lbs low and drove down to A&M Auto Machine to return my old alternator for core. Drove about 10 miles round trip. I was about 4 block from the house and I got on it noticed a puff of white smoke behind me. pulled in the driveway opened the hood found fuel bubbling out of an old fuel vent line. got it plugged up. Then I noticed fuel dripping on the ground back by the front of the fuel tank. Have get up on lift to check it out later. so fare so good. just minor thing to take care of as they come up. the picture is before it was installed.

Finished up some more of my bucket list on my car last week. front end alignment, ground strap from fuel tank to frame reinstall after fixing it, and tried to replace the head light switch but could not remove the knob. we pushed on the small button on the back of the switch but could not remove the knob. anybody have some ideas.

1973 plymouth satelite engine bay 12.29.17.jpg wheel alignment 12.24.17.jpg

I had a lifter noise on the left side of the engine so I removed the valve cover and found this. the cap was off the rocker shaft and found the nut in-between cylinder 3 and 5. could not find the washer. I ran a camera down in the valley area and could not see the washer. ran a magnet around the valve springs hoping to find the washer in the oil sitting on the head no such luck. hopefully it made its way to the oil pan.

rocker shaft cap and bolt 12.24.17.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back