• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning on YEARONE (nearone) stering wheels - 67 Coronet

TekHousE

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up a replica steering wheel from Yearone. A couple of things to note on it.

1- The finish is a more rubbery or softer feel than the original wheel. Obviously this is due to the plastic they use to coat the metal.
2- The left/right signal cancellor (does it have a special name?) Is wrong!

The metal heavy gauge wire or rod that is bent around the rear of the wheels spindle, sticks out to far! Once correctly fitted to the steering column, this means the metal cancellor arm ALSO contacts the horn actuator. The small spring loaded one.

This is highly embarrassing with the horn tooting every time you turn the wheel far enough! :)

This rod is very heavy duty, and I suppose with the right tools you could bend it closer to the center of the wheel and then it would clear the horn actuator. But I did not have any such tool.

So what I did was dremel about one third of the OUTER (meaning towards the RIM side of the wheel) part of this rod. Just enough to clear that horn. It took a few goes as I did not want to remove too much. Once it was OK, I removed it one last time, and cleaned up the dremel areas. So it is smooth with no burrs etc.

Just wanted to post this for anyone else that has the same problem.

Sorry for no pics, I did this last night in the driveway and just wanted to get the bloody wheel on! :)

Well congrats on getting sorted. Shoot us some pics to show of your new interior look.

Here are some interior shots..

9818060474_054ae5c4f5_b.jpg

9818088213_3c807fc271_b.jpg

9818009494_6f7d3f3d0b_b.jpg

......man that thing is awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

I picked up a replica steering wheel from Yearone. A couple of things to note on it.

1- The finish is a more rubbery or softer feel than the original wheel. Obviously this is due to the plastic they use to coat the metal.
2- The left/right signal cancellor (does it have a special name?) Is wrong!

The metal heavy gauge wire or rod that is bent around the rear of the wheels spindle, sticks out to far! Once correctly fitted to the steering column, this means the metal cancellor arm ALSO contacts the horn actuator. The small spring loaded one.

This is highly embarrassing with the horn tooting every time you turn the wheel far enough! :)

This rod is very heavy duty, and I suppose with the right tools you could bend it closer to the center of the wheel and then it would clear the horn actuator. But I did not have any such tool.

So what I did was dremel about one third of the OUTER (meaning towards the RIM side of the wheel) part of this rod. Just enough to clear that horn. It took a few goes as I did not want to remove too much. Once it was OK, I removed it one last time, and cleaned up the dremel areas. So it is smooth with no burrs etc.

Just wanted to post this for anyone else that has the same problem.

Sorry for no pics, I did this last night in the driveway and just wanted to get the bloody wheel on! :)

......it's ironic, but I had a similar issue with a turn switch they sold me not fitting my OEM wheel correctly and in order for the left indicator to work I had to hold the horn down, hehe. Honk for a lefty.....

Yeah the Sparco's are really a temp solution.

I saw some mats with the Coronet name in them. I am trying to hunt them down. But the Sparcos will do.. ;)

That looks sweet and like the mechanic said it looks like a new car. Very classy looking

That looks amazing! Power windows...head rests...cool car.

Tell us more about it and post up more pics!

More photos here mate:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?56613-My-new-67-Coronet-500

or my full gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19913797@N02/sets/72157634666472876/

Car lineDODGE Coronet
Price classPremium
Body type2 door hardtop
Production dateNovember 22, 1966
Shipping order08154
Engine383 4bbl HP 8cyl 325hp B [376/382]
TransmissionTransmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]
Tires7.75x14 white 2-4 steel (x5) [434/443]
AxleAxle-3.23:1 [404]
Trim GradePremium [32P]
Seat typeBucket vinyl [336]
Trim colorWhite and black [34W]
Paint 1Turbine bronze metallic [27M]
Paint 2Turbine bronze metallic [28M]
Paint schemeMono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paintBlack
Power itemsPower windows [458]
RadioRadio-AM Music Master/economy 2 W [421]
GlassGlass-tinted windshield only [522]
Front bucket seatsBucket seats [564]
Rear optionsHeater-DELETE [416]
-OR- Speaker-rear seat [426]
LightsLight-turn indicator hood/fender mounted [517]

I am really enjoying this car..It is such a good driving car..Way better than I had expected it to be.

Coronet 500

DH240022.jpgDH230019.jpg
Super car you have! When I purchased this 67 Coronet 500 a few years ago, I flew into Boise ID and was picked up at the airport by a fellow named Scott. Scott drove me to his shop/house where I paid for the car and we signed paperwork. At that time, the car was stripped of most exterior parts including stainless steel trim, side moulding, handles, wiper arms/blades, antenna, mirror lights, tail lights, door/trunk locks, etc. The interior was also stripped of the many parts and in need of some intense cleaning. My intent was to drive this car from Boise to Casper Wyoming where I live. While in Boise, Scott introduced me to John (left in pic), who is a super great guy, with honesty and great integrity of character! John, also a Mopar fanatic knows-his-stuff when it comes to detail and function! John was extremely helpful in gathering all the original parts that went with this car and offered me his shop/tools to get the 67 Coronet 500 legal for the cruise home. He was confident that it would make the journey and he was absolutely correct. I am glad it has a good home. Steve

WOW!

Thanks for those photos mate! If you have any others please post them I would love to get as much background stuff like this on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back