• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, goodbye Sears....

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
upload_2017-11-1_20-36-7.png

After they refused to replace half a dozen assorted broken "guaranteed for life" Craftsman tools a few years ago, I have no problems with Mastercraft tools instead.

Another retail icon going the way of the dinosaur "......... unfortunate. More to follow

Wow. It's not like Sear's is your average "Mom & Pop' hardware store either. This truly is a sad day. Obviously the Chinese influence is really starting to pinch.

Bummed. As I wrote the last time there was a "Sears selling off some of their top brands" thread, I recalled being very young as my folks shopped here. As an adult, I found myself doing the same thing and spending lots of tine in the tool section. RIP Sears. The plug will be pulled soon.

Bummed. As I wrote the last time there was a "Sears selling off some of their top brands" thread, I recalled being very young as my folks shopped here. As an adult, I found myself doing the same thing and spending lots of tine in the tool section. RIP Sears. The plug will be pulled soon.
Ace hardware and Attwoods, here are selling craftsman tools now, don`t know about them honoring warranties tho .

I read that Stanley bough the Craftsman line.

They also own:

Black& Decker
DeWalt
Porter Cable
Bostitch
Proto
Irwin (Vise-Grip)
Lennox

and Mac (yes, Mac)

Sad to see them go, that's for sure. With all their financial issues, we are trying to figure out why they just opened a new appliance building near us.

Has anyone gone to a shopping mall lately ? It's been like 10 years for me. I went yesterday to a massive one. The place was empty.The internet is killing brick and mortar stores.

A close friend of mine is also my appliance go to for remodel clients. The company he works for is a subsidiary of sears. He called me the other day to say they had been cut off from selling Whirlpool umbrella company products. This covers Whirlpool, Jen Air,and Kitchen Aid brands. He works on commission and these are his major brands as he does a lot of multi family unit sales. In fact, I had a customer headed to his place to make an order/pay the bill and he had to tell them he couldn't do it! Totally fucked over a WHOLE bunch of people!

At 63 (tomorrow) I have many fond memories of going there with my father when he was alive. Makes me sad to see them closing. I know we live in a much different time today!

First major purchase out of the service was a craftsmen tool set. I was sick of China tools and wanted good ones to last.

Auto Transport Service
Back