• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best tail lights Looks

tumblr_ocmhiwRDH51v5bz9bo1_500.jpg
looks like the neighborhood bimbo I knew back in the day

Cars used to have so much style , designers worked on the taillights to finish the look off .
I find most cars today all look the same .

Here are three of mine: '59 Imperial, '62 300 Conv., and '79 Magnum GT and all currently owned by me.
100_0448.JPG
100_0394 (1).JPG
100_0386.JPG

I agree. In the fifties, tail lights were big statements about what you were following. Actually a bit over the top with styling but it was great fun and sold cars.
I always turn my head when I see a 57/58 chrysler from the back with a big smile.
Today they (tail lights) are just legal requirements and add little or nothing to style. Today's cars are for the most part just transport devices.

Manufacturers tried to make a statement with the lights .I remember as a kid being also able to tell what car was coming down the road by looking at the front ,it was actually a game we played .
The good old days with no cell phones ..

Yup, about the 80's early 90's there was only a few cars left you could tell what was coming ,now they all look the same it's ether med or large also

Manufacturers tried to make a statement with the lights .I remember as a kid being also able to tell what car was coming down the road by looking at the front ,it was actually a game we played .

Yep--I knew almost all the cars at a glance from the early fifties till the mid-seventies.
Also remember being able to tell a 350 honda from a 250 (for example) just by the sound.
A 750 honda was different from a 900 kaw. Etc. Our senses were keen when we were young.
Our memory holds all of that stuff to replay at will.

Yah I agree , remembering all those things still makes me smile .
I still remember the first fast muscle car I was in do you ? What was it ?

I remember Hot Rodding in the 80's and ALWAYS being able to tell a cop by the headlights. No more, now every time I see a Ford Explorer, Chevy Tahoe or a Late Mod Charger in my mirror I pump the brakes.

I saw this thread and this being a Mopar site, I expected only Mopars to be featured. I'm glad to see other makes in here because even as much as I love these cars, there is beauty to be found in the other stuff too
The Cadillacs of the 60s were just so damn cool. They just ooozed style.
The 59 Chevy is my all time favorite GM taillight due to it being so unusual. 66 Tempest, 67 Chevelle....Great looking taillights. 70-73 Camaro. The Biscayne and Bel Air models from 61-65 were cool too.
Not much into Ford stuff but the sequential taillights of the Cougar model was a great idea.
Mopars....The 1968 Charger is a strong #1. I also dig the 67 Coronet R/T, the 68 Coronet, 68 Road Runner/GTX. The 71 Barracuda is nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back