• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these 8 white foam gaskets for?

Dibbons

Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
Don't remember which package these new circular foam gaskets came in. There are eight and I was thinking maybe they were meant for the rear bumper bolts inside the trunk? Really don't know. Tnank you.

DSC00439.JPG

Looks like the rear trim plate gaskets I had made for my 69 Coronet R/T rear panel. They go on the studs that hold it to the rear of the car.

Your right there for the bumper bolts they are usually gone as time kills them where did you find them for sale do you remember?

I will have to research the location I purchased them from, must have a rct. around here somewhere.

Those are for the bumper bolts on the inside of the trunk, at leas they are on my 73, not sure about how 72 mounts.

I have a set that came with my paint set for the dart somewhere if needed.

DMT will custom make gaskets if they don't already carry them in stock. That's where I had mine made I mentioned above.

I was hoping they were placed inside the trunk under the nuts/bolts/washers. Guess I need to remove the bumper completely to place them correctly.

DMT will custom make gaskets if they don't already carry them in stock. That's where I had mine made I mentioned above.

I have sent Jim a bunch of samples over the years,
he puts a lot of effort in to making his gaskets correct..

They go between the rear bumper mount studs and the body

Auto Transport Service
Back