• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these parts worth

saludora

Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
sorry if this is not the right forum I can delete and repost. I have a complete rotating assembly forged 440 crank ly rods, pistons 457 head? With rockers and shafts. # 1 bearing spun and 2 is scored but all bearings were stamped std. what is the whole setup worth? I don't need because I put a 522 stroker kit with stealth heads and rollers

IMG_1635.JPG IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1637.JPG IMG_1639.JPG IMG_1640.JPG

What year is it?
Assuming the crank is salvageable and it doesn't need bored. I would say $500. Unless it's an older more desirable block. I'm guessing it's not, (on account of the heads)

Block is year correct 1970 not sure about the internals crank is forged and rods are stamped ly

I am using the block it was refreshed and bored 30 over and clearanced before dropping the 522 stroker assembly in

Biggest problem I have now is even after putting the XHD Springs in it doesn't want to hook up with 275/60/15 sportsman street tires think I need to swap to the Mickey as street radial equivalent would like to go bigger but I know 275/60/15 fits atm

Just the heads and rotating assy.
Hard to speculate. Be a shame to throw the crank and rods away though.
At least your being honest and giving a heads up on the spun bearing.
Maybe you can get $150 out of it

A new forged 440 crank is 700 Or better can't imagin a stock crank with spun bearings being 150 can be turned more than once

Your right on that. Even if it only needs ground the minimal amount. People will still use it for an excuse to lowball you.
I just figure $150 would sell it.
Shipping ain't cheap either.

Gotcha I'm looking to sell local if able and sell heads crank rods and all in one batch

The original cranks are not made of the 4340 steel that the new forged cranks are. There is a 440 crank on ebay for $175, but no takers on it.
I sold a good 440 crank and rods for $100, but that was to a friend, so maybe you can get more?
The stock heads I had, again sold to a different friend for $100. I actually asked for $75, and he threw me $100 and said to keep it :)

Auto Transport Service
Back