• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brake booster and m/c works on 62 fury

66charger101

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Hey there all. My dad is restoring a 62 Plymouth Fury. He did the front disc conversion on his car using the single piston calipers, now he wants to know what booster to use with dual master cylinder for the setup, Becuase the original booster was a drum/ drum setup. He has the dual master cylinder and all the lines. He's just stumped on the booster to use and if he needs the plate on the firewall with a new setup..
If anyone could please let me know what they used on there 62-65 that would be great.
Thanks in advance

Hey there all. My dad is restoring a 62 Plymouth Fury. He did the front disc conversion on his car using the single piston calipers, now he wants to know what booster to use with dual master cylinder for the setup, Becuase the original booster was a drum/ drum setup. He has the dual master cylinder and all the lines. He's just stumped on the booster to use and if he needs the plate on the firewall with a new setup..
If anyone could please let me know what they used on there 62-65 that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Should be able to use the same booster but make sure the depth of the original master plunger is the same as the replacement. If they're slightly different adjust the threaded nose of the booster in or out by the amount of depth difference between the two master cylinder plungers. Note* Measure from the face of the mounting flange of the masters to the bottom of the recess for the push rod.

Does the new dual master you have not fit the original drum/drum booster? If it does it will work fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back