• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What clips are used to hold down the mouldings?

Factory HP manifolds or aftermarket headers

• Factory HPs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

66charger101

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey there all so I'm sure some of you have faced what I'm facing right now. I need to secure the moldings on the door, fenders and hood? The original plastic clips that go into the holes and hold them in place are long gone and I can't find re pops. Can I please get pointed in the right direction on what to use to secure the moldings to the car?
Thanks in advance.

I had all sorts of problems with this and took a long time to locate but eventually got thru with some luck as well on my 63 ply. I ended up with a whole bunch of new molding clips I didn't need. Do you have any photos of the clips you need with measurements?

I understand this may not work for you.
I did it for a couple of reasons.
Not the least of which is if you can find those clips....
The one place I found them on the net the fellow never followed up with my order.
And this way I know my paint is safe from being rubbed by the trim.
But it's a real PITA. The tops of the doors were the worst since the "stubs" I made were almost impossible to get nuts on with the angle.
(post number 5)

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ative-attaching-method.120788/#post-910553799

I believe they are in here but as you said, lots you may not need.
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=132-STCS159
Original part #s are as follows:
Clip 6001910
Clip w/nut 6002053 - nut 6026523 (which is just an open ended acorn nut) These go on the end(s) of the moulding.
clip4.jpg
Clip-doororfender.JPG
Clip59.jpg

I was amazed at how many different friggin clips were used on my car and ran into a buzz saw with 6 H type clips for the quarter window (three on each side) trim using offset nubby's I NEVER found. I ended up getting lucky here finding another type of clip that worked perfectly. There are many of these nylon clips though to be found but a matter of ensuring the correct sizing. I ordered some clips from an outfit Altha Fastener www.althafastener.com and another outfit Henry's Warehouse. I also got some clips from a place in WI that had a booth at our Jefferson WI meet and can't locate their card they gave me but stocked H clips close but no cigar for my need. If I find their contact info will send along. My hassle was getting these type of clips with an offset nub but several having a centered nub could be had. If I recall Henry's has a catalog you can download and amazed by the ton's of various clips, screws, etc. to be had. Another source could be member Joe Suchy as he has a ton of Mopar parts.

Thanks everyone for the input, I ordered the kit from megaparts that ODZKing posted plus I ordered these other break off trim clips that I found. Hopefully all works out. I'll post pics at a later date with my progress. I posted a pic of the clips that I ordered from ebay. They look like the can work for multiple applications.
20171008_201218.png

Those clips pictured came in handy for the rear alum panels on my '63 gluing on but otherwise had limited application for me for other trim; hopefully with your car these will be more useful. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the input, I ordered the kit from megaparts that ODZKing posted plus I ordered these other break off trim clips that I found. Hopefully all works out. I'll post pics at a later date with my progress. I posted a pic of the clips that I ordered from ebay. They look like the can work for multiple applications. View attachment 525042
Fastenal also sells these

Auto Transport Service
Back