• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What coil is this?

Moparlike

Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi.
I just purchased a 1969 440 Roadrunner, and I’m trying to sort things out now.
The coil has no brand or markings.... does anyone know what coil this is? And what the connection taped on the top is?
Thanks!!!

F1C2F40E-5FA9-456F-908D-F45E0ABDE4D1.jpeg 5E55743C-3B34-475D-82A1-A9D776DB0DEE.jpeg

Hi.
I just purchased a 1969 440 Roadrunner, and I’m trying to sort things out now.
The coil has no brand or markings.... does anyone know what coil this is? And what the connection taped on the top is?
Thanks!!!

View attachment 530420 View attachment 530421
looks like its to change from female socket on the coil to a male connection, probly to keep from changing the plug boot to fit . ??????????

My guess on that thing taped to the top of the coil: It just might be one of those gadgets they peddled years ago that " guarantees better fuel mileage, hotter spark, more power". Anybody around long enough may remember.

My guess on that thing taped to the top of the coil: It just might be one of those gadgets they peddled years ago that " guarantees better fuel mileage, hotter spark, more power". Anybody around long enough may remember.
"Intensifier"???? Jeez the things that pop into my brain pan sometimes. Never tried that "snake-oil" thing myself.i think jcwhitney used to sell them.

Auto Transport Service
Back