• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I took mine to the track yesterday to test n tune to see how the new tires work. Times posted in racers hangout 12 second section.

IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0818.JPG
Dropped the 8 3/4 got it all cleaned up today, still gotta pull the axles and carrier but good start

IMAG1087_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1085_BURST002.jpg
took the 300K out to a show today sadly I didn't place . But then again the following car took 2ND so competition was huge!
IMAG1090_BURST002.jpg
IMAG1089_BURST002.jpg

78 degrees here today, so rolled the windows down on the R/T and took the wife and son for a ride and to the park.

Off to a slow start but ended up being productive.

Needed to paint repair a section on the inner fender because it had sand in it and was easy to get dirty and a bitch to wipe clean. Also a spot on the bottom of the firewall that got scuffed and partially missed.

Couldn't find my scuff pads and couldn't seem to get the sand out until I got to 320 grit.
Then my pre-val wouldn't draw paint.

Finally found the scuff pads, and tried another pre-val head, and that one worked.

was nervous about blending paint but 3 out of four sides came out great and the other is a "B"- I'll take it.

Also wrapped the last wire harness clip.

Had way too much paint mixed up, so I painted the battery tray (at least six coats), all the bolts, one hood hinge (after hurriedly blasting it), and all the hood hinge bolts.

Mocked up fan and radiator.

I had noticed the rad sat a little funny. Found out it's an aftermarket replacement :(

Looks like a Mopar tank, but no numbers. one of the four bolt locations isn't even close and the other on that side makes it sit down to far.

Anyone know why the driver side mount is closer to the engine and the pass side is flat with the core support?

Paint patch is right behind/above fan in pic.

IMG_20170212_164317.jpg
IMG_20170212_164405.jpg

...and found out one of my heater hoses is original to the car- wow.

The one going under/around the compressor.

Just took the GTX out for about an hour ride, sun is shining and roads are clean and dry.

Use a ketchup- mustard squeeze bottle . Put gas into it, and sqirt that into the primary carb bowl vent. Instant gas and it fires right up. Do not overfill the bowl level..........................MO
I do the same thing.

Sat.....Picked up 528 for the ride to my engine builder. Worked on the wagon a bit.
Sun.....Dropped off 528, and picked-up 496 for 67, had great Mexican food for lunch. 2 hours each way.
2m29642.jpg

Today....Back and forth to the powder-coater for wagon parts. Installed the front shocks on the 67. Pkg'd some stuff going to Finland.

Last edited:
Detailed it. Inside, outside, pressure wash under the hood, vacuumed trunk. She nice and clean now.

Put on powder coated bumper brackets no one will ever see.

Screwed with the dash lights and got them to work.

Laid the million pieces of carpet out (66 charger)

IMG_3735.JPG IMG_3740.JPG IMG_3744.JPG

Oh, and I took the entire console out to replace the itsy bitsy bulb for the shift indicator.

IMG_20170211_182503849.jpg

Much like my dog, the GTX marks it's territory on my driveway.

20170213_175807.jpg

Tinypic was down, so here's a couple pics of what I was doing to the 67..........
Rebuilt the entire front-end, again.
2cn6wx5.jpg

5ul5pe.jpg

Got the Super-Tricks and tires on the car........
znoex1.jpg

kdvamo.jpg

Got the engine home.......
24yp9xw.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back