• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Been driving the wheels off my belvedere. Waited a long time for the 451 and she screams.

Oh, and just picked up this little number... going in in a couple weeks...

IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6024.JPG
IMG_6025.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG
IMG_6027.JPG
IMG_6028.JPG
IMG_6029.JPG

Finally got a hood installed--no more hoodless okie drivin'! It did feel slightly hotter inside though, mega-mat and carpet will be next, when my carpet gets here...ordered from legendary on the 18th it drop ships from ACC should be here any day now. I did decide on the torsion pins for the hood, for something a little different than the ol' hairpins...now debating on a set of lanyards...
20170928_211904.jpg
20170928_211728.jpg

Redid the seat topper cross mount and hung that. Got out the plywood to make a back panel and the down tunnel to the console from the center. A few more pieces and it's done but for the 3/16 foam backed fabric to cover it all.

WP_20171003_14_19_03_Pro.jpg WP_20171003_14_19_31_Pro.jpg WP_20171003_14_19_38_Pro.jpg WP_20171003_14_23_13_Pro.jpg WP_20171003_14_23_34_Pro.jpg WP_20171003_14_52_35_Pro.jpg

Repainted the front seat sheet metal side trim on the 1955 Plymouth from some fugly shade of blue to ivory/black to match the dash.
Plaza front seat side panels (2).jpg
Plaza seat side panels (3).jpg

I have two complete 742 sure grip differentials. I'm in the process of taking out the 3:55 ratio and putting in the 3:23. I think I will like that better for my kind of use. Had to order gaskets for the backing plates and bearing retainers, and a pinion yoke seal. Hopefully installing tomorrow afternoon. Wondering how I will wrestle that heavy thing up and into the housing........................MO

Changed my speedo gear for the different ratio I have now, and put on a new cable because the old one was trashed..speedometer still doesn't work. So much for the easy fix!

I have two complete 742 sure grip differentials. I'm in the process of taking out the 3:55 ratio and putting in the 3:23. I think I will like that better for my kind of use. Had to order gaskets for the backing plates and bearing retainers, and a pinion yoke seal. Hopefully installing tomorrow afternoon. Wondering how I will wrestle that heavy thing up and into the housing........................MO
There is a thread talking about a trans jack adapter for a floor jack that is supposed to make it easy. It mounts to a floor jack.

got the sticker today .... its metal not just paper .... good repop .engine is all dun but the wire holders for the VC .... getting better

IMG_2022.JPG

Gotta arrange all my junk, to get another car in the shop. Looks like momma might have to give-up her spot In the attached garage for this winter. UH-OH!!!

I made up an adapter plate for my floor jack for installing the transmission. Found out it worked good for the center section also. Just used a couple of blocks and a ratchet strap. Thought about making a bracket to bolt to the plate but the blocks worked ok.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/page-6

20170803_141526.jpg

20170803_135639.jpg

20170803_141143.jpg

put the trunk lock in her ... now it opens with a key not a screwdriver .... instaled the wiper switch and now have wipers ..... drilled the holes for the new trim .... fixed the backup lights .... re-thinking the 4.56 gears ....

On Sunday, I reinstalled the transmission in the bronze car (after replacing the clutch before my trip to Alaska), shifter, driveshaft, gear oil, new accurate exhaust & swapped out the old ratty radiator for the new Glen-Ray radiator with new hoses. Took a trip to the office to dump some crap in the dumpster & pick up another quart of gear oil that I was short on. Started at 7:00 & done at 2:00. Slacked off for a short bit for lunch. Not a bad amount of work for 7 hours.

put the trunk lock in her ... now it opens with a key not a screwdriver .... instaled the wiper switch and now have wipers ..... drilled the holes for the new trim .... fixed the backup lights .... re-thinking the 4.56 gears ....

I TOLD YOU! I'm such a nag. Fun for a few miles, not so much after that.:lol:

:rofl:
I TOLD YOU! I'm such a nag. Fun for a few miles, not so much after that.:lol:
ya .. kinda figured id be changeing them soon after the swap. but dam .. there a fun gear. no problum getting to top end in a block.... lol

I picked up the yoke seal and axle gaskets that were ordered from the parts store 20 miles away. Stopped at the body shop where my 68 Satellite is getting 1/4 skins. They FINALLY were actually working on it when I came through the door.. YES !!!
Took the yoke seal to a mechanic friend who had checked out the 3:23 diff. and had him put it in , as the yoke was difficult to install last time. He didn't get it done till late afternoon. My goal for today was to get the diff back in the housing, and tonight I did get that done--by myself--and a floor jack. The diff only rolled off the jack one time, thankfully it was not raised at the time...Biggest difficulty was turning the diff for the holes to line up with the housing studs , while balanced on the jack. Tomorrow the backing plates , a little tweeking on the self adjuster
I made up an adapter plate for my floor jack for installing the transmission. Found out it worked good for the center section also. Just used a couple of blocks and a ratchet strap. Thought about making a bracket to bolt to the plate but the blocks worked ok.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/page-6

View attachment 522910
View attachment 522911
View attachment 522912

View attachment 522910
View attachment 522911
View attachment 522912
K Kid, That is a great idea and so simple to make. I wish I would have known it sooner. I think I'm done with R&R tranny's and differentials
I had some tense moments( seemed a lot longer) with balancing the diff. and turning it so the studs lined up with the holes..................................MO

The post on putting the differential in, was from yesterday. For some reason my computer went on the fritz and wouldn't post. Today, my message from then, showed up and I could post it. I figgered it was lost.
I am soooo slow-- I t took all afternoon to check over everything, clean stuff, install gaskets and axles, gear oil and additive, brake drums , and wheels-tires
Brutus is ready for a test run . Finished everything right before supper time. Rained off and on all afternoon and this evening --2 1/2 " and still raining. I sure hope tomorrow is better--I am anxious to try this gear ratio out......................................MO

rScwCJt.jpg

With all of my steering and suspension upgrades, I decided to drop the K member and have that blasted and powder-coated. Will try to do some strengthening before powder similar to what Firm Feel does.
Also have the PST plates on the LCA's, will have those powder-coated as well. Dropped these off to be blasted this morning.

Auto Transport Service
Back