• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Been driving the wheels off my belvedere. Waited a long time for the 451 and she screams.

Oh, and just picked up this little number... going in in a couple weeks...

View attachment 519841 View attachment 519842 View attachment 519843 View attachment 519844 View attachment 519845 View attachment 519846 View attachment 519847 View attachment 519848 View attachment 519849

That looks really nice, please post when you have it installed and let us know how well it works and what you think. I want to do EFI at some point.

That looks really nice, please post when you have it installed and let us know how well it works and what you think. I want to do EFI at some point.

Just about done with the install. In-tank pump is in, tank reinstalled and throttle body is in place. After going 10 rounds with the driver side header, im packing it in for the night.

Had to space the tank down a bit. Found a composite deck spindle to be the perfect size...

IMG_6179.JPG

Almost a shame to hide it.
IMG_6180.JPG

Tomorrow's forecast: wiring with a chance of plumbing.
IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

Decided to put the sensor in the collector, FITECH says it'll work fine... we shall see. Had the welding students at school put the bung on. Went a little wild with the wire brush but all in all a fine job.
IMG_6188.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

I bought the CVF Beast serpentine set up from Derwud and got a chance to mock it up on my 383 that spun 2 rod bearings. Anyway, the alternator is a 1 wire, 100amp but I don’t like it. So I took the pulley off and made a bushing to fit my Denso 120amp. It worked out perfectly along with making a different length spacer for the top alternator bolt.

A25E0B65-7965-4513-9A08-EAF51FC0DF0B.jpeg C12C9B3D-D5E8-49CD-8875-6ABB7A643B00.jpeg 0334C379-2674-4898-8E08-7D74BC1D9217.jpeg 5DD7ACFD-449B-46D8-AA46-97CF18484638.jpeg

The post on putting the differential in, was from yesterday. For some reason my computer went on the fritz and wouldn't post. Today, my message from then, showed up and I could post it. I figgered it was lost.
I am soooo slow-- I t took all afternoon to check over everything, clean stuff, install gaskets and axles, gear oil and additive, brake drums , and wheels-tires
Brutus is ready for a test run . Finished everything right before supper time. Rained off and on all afternoon and this evening --2 1/2 " and still raining. I sure hope tomorrow is better--I am anxious to try this gear ratio out......................................MO
Finally stopped raining , after nearly 6" total. Sun came out , and so did Brutus. I am really pleased with the 3:23 ratio and 28" tall tires. It will be much better with the amount of highway miles we drive. The difference in acceleration is not all that much. And the noise I have had at about 2000 rpm 4th gear, is gone. I think maybe I will replace the 275 / 60R / 15 Nitto DOT Drag Radials with same size Cooper Cobra's..............................MO

Finally stopped raining , after nearly 6" total. Sun came out , and so did Brutus. I am really pleased with the 3:23 ratio and 28" tall tires. It will be much better with the amount of highway miles we drive. The difference in acceleration is not all that much. And the noise I have had at about 2000 rpm 4th gear, is gone. I think maybe I will replace the 275 / 60R / 15 Nitto DOT Drag Radials with same size Cooper Cobra's..............................MO

I like the Cobras and affordable. These are the 275/60/15
20170914_194640.jpg

Cleaned the passenger side and console of all the crap the paint shop left behind. Then I installed the antenna bezel; it only took me 2 hours. I had never done it before and kept having the mast point toward the curb about 35 degrees. I noticed the base wasn't made level to compensate for the angle of the fender so I tried turning the base around 180. But the 2 alignment ears would not go in due to the cam shaped part of the base hitting the side of the hole. Finally, after dropping the dang seesaw backing piece inside the fender 3 times I found the problem. The paint shop got body filler inside the antenna bezel hole in the top of the fender. Not much but I had to file it down so I could get the base to fit. Why does this crap always happen to me?

I'm glad I have skinny arms or I couln't have done this myself. I still need to tighten the bezel but I'm waiting on responses to my question in the garage and tool section about a "antenna mast nut tool".

Friday I removed all 4 wheels and tires I bought new July 2013 and cleaned them with degreaser and a power washer. Why, you ask? Because the ignoramuses at the paint shop ruined the brilliant shine of the polished aluminum wheels and got mud on all the tires. Saturday I took them to a privately owned polishing company well known for aluminum work whose done some work for me before. I'll be taking the bill back to the paint shop with a copy of my receipt for the wheels and ask which they want to pay for 1) new wheels or 2) polishing my wheels they damaged. And if they say neither we'll be going to court.

I like the Cobras and affordable. These are the 275/60/15
View attachment 524770
I like that!! What is your opinion of the traction that they get? I am more interested in straight ahead traction as opposed to cornering. You have white letters out , or the blackwalls? Any pics from the side? Thanks !! .........................MO

Glad to here Brutus is up and going again. Looking forward to Sunday. Hope the weather is good and you guys make it to the show! Looking forward to seeing you guys. I will have to duck out early to go to work tho.....

Glad to here Brutus is up and going again. Looking forward to Sunday. Hope the weather is good and you guys make it to the show! Looking forward to seeing you guys. I will have to duck out early to go to work tho.....
We should be there by 10-10:30AM I hope I can get in my traditional spot on the North side of the High School. That is the Parade roue and close to up-town. I won't be able to walk much, so hope to see you there..............MO

As some of you know, I bought the CVF Beast serpentine set up from Derwud. Well after taking a long hard look being mocked up the way CVF has it, I didn’t like it. So I set out to drop the ac compressor down low on the passenger side. It’s almost done, just a few cuts and it’ll be ready.

218AEAE7-42BB-4525-9C12-333C742E037F.jpeg 3A9DF83F-53E4-4E1B-9263-34D02CFEE585.jpeg D365F20C-4388-4DC2-A6D8-1D6CB6EBBAB2.jpeg

It's the little things...wired in the back-up light switch on my quicksilver floor shifter, and put in a new 440 source temp sending unit because the other 'new' one from, Napa or O'Kragens can't remember which, read very low when at operating temperature... On the ohm meter it was about 65 ohms at 185°... pleased as punch the new one works properly. Oh and repainted the switch plate too. ( not a great pic, but it was in pretty bad shape before...)
20171009_175505.jpg

I like that!! What is your opinion of the traction that they get? I am more interested in straight ahead traction as opposed to cornering. You have white letters out , or the blackwalls? Any pics from the side? Thanks !! .........................MO
I really haven't driven it on the road yet. Still working on other things. They don't come in black so I put the letters in and used tire black.

As far as traction, I think they have a soft compound and should hook good for the amount of tread that they have.

Here's my build thread (not in the build threads)
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/

Sewed up the trunk seal rail behind the tail lights, I spot/plug welded everything from the bottom where it wont be seen. Next is a nice strip of 18 gauge to close out the surface above the tail lights. Need to do some more clean up of welds and make some tweaks but it is coming together the way I planned it to.

WP_20171008_18_32_35_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_16_45_27_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_16_45_30_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_16_45_33_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_17_22_18_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_17_22_41_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_17_22_51_Pro.jpg

Sewed up the trunk seal rail behind the tail lights, I spot/plug welded everything from the bottom where it wont be seen. Next is a nice strip of 18 gauge to close out the surface above the tail lights. Need to do some more clean up of welds and make some tweaks but it is coming together the way I planned it to.

View attachment 525494 View attachment 525495 View attachment 525496 View attachment 525497 View attachment 525498 View attachment 525499 View attachment 525500
I hope your putting the tires on it you show in your sketch!
MO, I run those same coopers on my '68 with a slightly warmed 440(475-500hp) and the traction is pretty good, they spin a little with a hard launch but the roads aren't that great either...shoving my snubber against the floor pan has helped. Ride quality is good, really not a bad choice for the street especially for the price

MO, I run those same coopers on my '68 with a slightly warmed 440(475-500hp) and the traction is pretty good, they spin a little with a hard launch but the roads aren't that great either...shoving my snubber against the floor pan has helped. Ride quality is good, really not a bad choice for the street especially for the price
Those Coopers in that size are a little harder to get than I expected. I called several places in Omaha , and all but one was a few days wait. Only one place could get them there that day. They were priced the highest , $325 for a pair. I have not done a price comparison with other brands. Dismount from two rims, mount and balance, new stems, and taxes. Summit had them for $130 each , shipped, no tax out of state. But then I would have to do the dismount, mount and balance. No guarantee I would have them done and on the car by Friday.
So, I have them home and ready to install tomorrow. I had the black wall mounted on the outside, and there is a Coiled Cobra snake molded into it. Kinda cool. ...............................MO

Eventually have 13 inch tread width with 15 inch overall aspect on there. $340 per tire so not in the budget at the moment.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or not but threw a rear end and a K frame into my Belvedere recently. Needed to get it to where it could be moved easily and rolling on it's own wheels is the easiest way. Front suspension isn't in it yet but there's a dolly under the K frame so at least it can be moved. New ball joints and bushings went into the suspension parts a long time ago so all I need to do is bolt them on, mount a steering box and assemble the linkage. The car has been sitting on jack stands for so long that the pads on the stands left permanent clean spots on the floor lol. The floor had fairly fresh paint when the car was placed there....

It's the little things...wired in the back-up light switch on my quicksilver floor shifter, and put in a new 440 source temp sending unit because the other 'new' one from, Napa or O'Kragens can't remember which, read very low when at operating temperature... On the ohm meter it was about 65 ohms at 185°... pleased as punch the new one works properly. Oh and repainted the switch plate too. ( not a great pic, but it was in pretty bad shape before...)View attachment 525480

My temp gauge reads low too, all other gauges are ok, is this the one you got from 440 Source? or did it have the threaded stud like the stock ones?
the pic is whats on their web site
1381015.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back