• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does this machine do?

Man, sheet metal fabrication has always been an interest of mine and have a few tools including a 4' finger brake, 4' stomp sheer (had a slip roll but dumb me sold it), and assorted hand tools. My lathe and milling machine has also been very handy....to bad this stuff is so expensive and then when someone wants you do do something for them, they want to pay ya beans no matter how cheap of a price quote ya tell them.

Man, sheet metal fabrication has always been an interest of mine and have a few tools including a 4' finger brake, 4' stomp sheer (had a slip roll but dumb me sold it), and assorted hand tools. My lathe and milling machine has also been very handy....to bad this stuff is so expensive and then when someone wants you do do something for them, they want to pay ya beans no matter how cheap of a price quote ya tell them.
Wow, that would be like high school shop class all over again.

Poor man’s version:

IMG_3086.png

Looks just like the one we had when I worked heavy maintenance in the hangar in ATL. Sure made punching holes in aluminum easy.

Wow, that would be like high school shop class all over again.
My high school metals class was a joke. The shop teacher didn't even know how to weld but did know how to strike up an arc but man, anyone with a half a brain can do that. One thing it did was make me look even further to learn.

I need to do some tin-knocking soon, but I don't have the experience to make a nice job like some do.

Might have to just pick up some steel and have a play around at home with hammers and bits of wood to form edges etc

I need to do some tin-knocking soon, but I don't have the experience to make a nice job like some do.

Might have to just pick up some steel and have a play around at home with hammers and bits of wood to form edges etc
I got a couple of books way back that helped me do body work and after some practice on stuff held in a vice, I got a bit of 'learnin' and well, it helped I think lol. Didn't hurt to get a car or two that I didn't care about to practice on either. My main problem is I'm a perfectionist and well, is anything perfect?

Auto Transport Service
Back