• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does this mean?!?

J. Cower

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0028.PNG
IMG_0029.PNG
So did a quick fender tag decode on my 71 SSP and it came back with body side stripes, black... what graphics are these?

id guess that gs6 is g36 which is mirrors and g1 would be g11 tinted glass ,w1w is a white vinyl roof

got a pic of the tag

Last edited:
this is 72, but I think 71 is the same, isn't ?. I guess is the molding going all around the mid bottom body and it gets a black insert on it

4.jpg

Last edited:
well, not exactly the same mold than 72, but similar. Lower on body and thick enough to get a black insert or strip on it

71GTX4.jpg

Alright well thanks everyone. I always thought those were just paint two tones and didn't know there was a protective strip in there. When I saw that code I was picturing the E-body style straight one

72s got two tones, but 71 seems not... I meant due the correct 71 Brochure I found and just posted while you where tipying

If you look close at picture of vinyl top car on left, you can see pin stripe around rear windshield and going down top edge of fender to bumper. There should also be same pin stripe around wheel wells/molding. My 71 has these ,(but no molding) as per fender tag. I was it was true to factory by an older man at a car show, but I can't say for sure.

Sorry I erased the first line of my response yesterday. V6W (white) would be the decal/graphic on one of those cars.
If you look close at picture of vinyl top car on left, you can see pin stripe around rear windshield and going down top edge of fender to bumper. There should also be same pin stripe around wheel wells/molding. My 71 has these ,(but no molding) as per fender tag. I was it was true to factory by an older man at a car show, but I can't say for sure.

This molding looks to be original on this car.

Steve 036.JPG Steve 113.JPG Steve 037.JPG

OMG, I wondered what happened to that car. I went to look at that in Allentown PA back in 2010 or so.
What a wonderful piece of original history but the very nice lady who owned it from new had left it in the driveway for many years and there wasn't one piece of non rusted metal on it. If she had been asking a bit less I probably would have bought it as I fell in love with car. Probably still working on it too, LOL! I still have a bunch of pics I took that day ... somewhere!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know who that belongs to now?????

Last edited:
V1W = full white vinyl top
V5X= back side molding (like the one posted by oldmanmopar)
V6W=white body pinstripes (like the photo posted by NachoRT74)
what is the 3 digit code to the left of M21? Does the car have air conditioning or strato vent?

OMG, I wondered what happened to that car. I went to look at that in Allentown PA back in 2010 or so.
What a wonderful piece of original history but the very nice lady who owned it from new had left it in the driveway for many years and there wasn't one piece of non rusted metal on it. If she had been asking a bit less I probably would have bought it as I fell in love with car. Probably still working on it too, LOL! I still have a bunch of pics I took that day ... somewhere!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know who that belongs to now?????
Its is my car I bought it for $2500 from her estate she died. I bought it for he interior it is perfect and small parts. Fenders are real nice though. Nothing is dented or out of line.

I got a list of names in a folder she kept with all who stopped about the car. It was repainted once. In the folder was pics of the car and everything that was done since new. Just to bad the rust is as bad as it is and its not a big block car. It is getting parted out. for a roadrunner build.

Steve 114.JPG Steve 115.JPG 71 road runner1.jpg 71 road runner5.jpg 71 road runner3.jpg

Wow, she was such a nice lady. That would explain why she didn't answer my emails when A while later I asked what had become of the car.
I loved that interior and the car overall. Yes, too bad it was a 318 but I was going to try restore it back to original. I will send you all the pictures if you like. Better yet I will put them on my website and you can download what you want.
Go to www.RetroRarities.com/71SSP/index.html

If I didn't buy the car it was going to be towed to a salvage yard to be destroyed. I new of the car since the 80's but it was never for sale. One day I drove by and there was a for sale sign in the window. I called the number and it was the landscape Co. across the street. He was now incharge of the car. I bought it from him with the title still in her name. They would not budge on the price. So I just gave them what they wanted. I just looked at it as what would all these parts cost for the Roadrunner I wanted to one day build. Thanks for the pics. The car still sits as it did except for the red hood I added. I also put 15" wheels on it and sold the 14's.

If I didn't buy the car it was going to be towed to a salvage yard to be destroyed. I new of the car since the 80's but it was never for sale. One day I drove by and there was a for sale sign in the window. I called the number and it was the landscape Co. across the street. He was now incharge of the car. I bought it from him with the title still in her name. They would not budge on the price. So I just gave them what they wanted. I just looked at it as what would all these parts cost for the Roadrunner I wanted to one day build. Thanks for the pics. The car still sits as it did except for the red hood I added. I also put 15" wheels on it and sold the 14's.
I would have loved to get that Cassette player.
Bob

Auto Transport Service
Back