• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is a 71 super bee hood worth

bugsydog

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I have a 71 superbee hood that's been in storage since 1991, the top of the hood is primer grey and the bottom has its original purple paint. I'm looking for a bulge hood for a 74 charger and was wondering if the bee hood is worth the same as a bulge, I see bulge hoods go for $800-$1000....would it be easier just to trade it for what I need....any help would be appreciated....

I have a 71 superbee hood that's been in storage since 1991, the top of the hood is primer grey and the bottom has its original purple paint. I'm looking for a bulge hood for a 74 charger and was wondering if the bee hood is worth the same as a bulge, I see bulge hoods go for $800-$1000....would it be easier just to trade it for what I need....any help would be appreciated....

71 Super Bee hoods are worth more than a standard bulge hood. If you were close to Texas we could work a trade. I have a later hood on my 71 and have searched high and low for a Super Bee or R/T hood.

Attachments

• Charger at Make A Wish 2014.jpg
    Charger at Make A Wish 2014.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 337
71 Super Bee hoods are worth more than a standard bulge hood. If you were close to Texas we could work a trade. I have a later hood on my 71 and have searched high and low for a Super Bee or R/T hood.

I'm in las vegas, unfortunately that's not close....

If your Superbee insert has all the studs and bell nuts, I'd look for $1500-up for it especially if the engine callouts are nice. If the hood is unrusted that is a big plus because most of the ones left have cowl or frontlip rust problems. Unfortunately 74 hoods are hard to find. 1 year hood also but fewer to choose from. There are a lot of people looking for a 71 hood, especially nice ones so I would resist the temptation to sell until you have a 74 in view. JMHO. If anybody lets you know about one near Illinois that you don't want, let me know. Or a 71 RT hood insert.

I recently bought '71 bumpers from a guy near me in Wis. He has a '71 with a '74 bulge hood. If you want, I could certainly send him an email about a swap of some sort? Not sure if that kind of distance would be an issue but you both might prefer it. Then I can simply just give you his email and the two of you can work something out...

I will buy it
[DELETED - NO phone numbers in posts - please use the PM function to exchange phone numbers ]

Last edited by a moderator:
hi , im new here! cheers and thanksfor having me. could you all help me?is this a superbee hood?
DSC04271_zpsy6ph25ih.jpg.html

Auto Transport Service
Back