• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is more dangerous? Current or Voltage

Dude! Please connect to the balls I don't believe we need any more of you!

Shocking!

It's a wonder that guy is still living. I've always heard it's the amperage that kills, not the voltage. Is amperage the same as current?

Shocking!

It's a wonder that guy is still living. I've always heard it's the amperage that kills, not the voltage. Is amperage the same as current?
Low voltage, high amperage ( welding ? ) 110V outlet in your living room. They can all kill you deader than dead. Just might take a bit longer and of course depends on your age and heart condition. The very reason why now i stop welding at the first sign of rain and always change my welding gloves when they get damp or to sweaty. I was much younger and stronger many moons ago. I was welding a leak on a elbow on the bottom of a large raw water make up tank. There was about two inches of water on the floor and we had pallets and planks set up. I was laying down on my side and getting wet. I got a shock that went through my hands and entire body. About a hundred amps but at welding voltage. It knocked me over and i rolled off the pallet into the water. I was soaked and heart was racing. Today if that happened i could have went into cardio arrest. Dont be stupid and dont take chances.

One time, jambing with a Friend, my amp was poorly grounded. We played a good set & at end, gave one anothet the high five. Holy crap, We both got nailed right across the chest, causing racing hearts & sweats. Def do not f around with electricity.

I'm amazed that this dumb bastard is still alive. High voltage is nothing to fu*k around with. It might not take all that much voltage to stop your heart even if you are perfectly healthy but you just never know for sure. Why risk it? Be careful out there.

smart/dumb {?} strange dude, albeit sometimes funny

Last edited:
I'm amazed that this dumb bastard is still alive. High voltage is nothing to fu*k around with. It might not take all that much voltage to stop your heart even if you are perfectly healthy but you just never know for sure. Why risk it? Be careful out there.
The over current protection in the power supply is protecting him. I would love to see him do this with it disabled and we would see what current does to the body. Your body is a resistor. Take a digital meter set it on ohms and put a lead in each hand hold it by the fingers. You will see 100k. Now squeeze the leads and you will see the resistance lowers. When you get shocked current makes you tense up so your resistance lowers and current goes up and you die. I can hit you with a 100k volt cattle prod and you will live as there is little to no current. I can hit you with 12 volts high current no protection from a power supply and you will die. He is an entertainer just wish people do not believe him.

Auto Transport Service
Back