• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do? Keep 440 or put stroker back in?

Not to hijack but is that true 500-600hp is tops? That seams a bit low especially the 500hp? I ask because I'm in the 500hp range and have been contemplating twin Turbos for awhile which would bring it up to around 700hp. I was going to switch out my Hyp pistons for Forged and get better rods while keeping the factory 1971 steel crank?
You're contemplating the wrong twins if it's only 700hp! :lol:

What is the official rule on a diaper? I was under the understanding that it is not needed until you are under 10.0?
I could be wrong though.
You dont need one until it spits the rods. 3 friends in the last few years. All 3 broke rods. Not one required track cleanup. Best of all, no one crashed in their own oil. Cheap insurance. Mine was built with one from the start.
Doug

Where would you take a stock block to? Lots of opinions out there.
I want to do a 400 block based twin turbo setup and find that limit with a stock 383 forged crank, good rods, custom pistons and good heads with EFI. I think 1000rwhp would be easy to do and live no problem. I did a 1000fwhp 440-1 head stock block engine on methanol that lived a nice long life.

Not to hijack but is that true 500-600hp is tops? That seams a bit low especially the 500hp? I ask because I'm in the 500hp range and have been contemplating twin Turbos for awhile which would bring it up to around 700hp. I was going to switch out my Hyp pistons for Forged and get better rods while keeping the factory 1971 steel crank?
All reports that I have read say that about 700 HP is max for the stock block and that is if the stock block has a girdle and steel billet main caps.

The 400 stroker has billet main caps. The 440 just has upgraded bolts. I know every time I let go of that button it could be the time. Probably a lightweight 440 crank would be a big help also compared to that big old boat anchor.
I know anything can let go at anytime and when you get to the power I am running nothing is for certain. I've always been told the bigger the spark the shorter the fuse.
Who makes a good diaper for a Dodge deep pan?
Also from my builder. T & D have not shipped intake rockers yet, so I am in the process of starting converter swap. 440 will rest in the bay awhile longer.

The 400 stroker has billet main caps. The 440 just has upgraded bolts. I know every time I let go of that button it could be the time. Probably a lightweight 440 crank would be a big help also compared to that big old boat anchor.
I know anything can let go at anytime and when you get to the power I am running nothing is for certain. I've always been told the bigger the spark the shorter the fuse.
Who makes a good diaper for a Dodge deep pan?
Also from my builder. T & D have not shipped intake rockers yet, so I am in the process of starting converter swap. 440 will rest in the bay awhile longer.
Waiting on T&D rockers myslef.

They messed up and sent my shop a set for the Big EZ with offset intake rocker. Now they want to fix the issue on their time not mine. I've been mellow because I have the spare motor. If I didn't i would be pretty grouchy now.

Converter is in. Just need to get to the track and test.

Converter switch last year added 4-5 MPH and just over 2/10ths. Hopefully same happens this time.

67B7073E-320F-4523-BE28-EF988C2B24FE_zpsdjplzo1l.jpg

Well converter swap did about what I expected. I lost a little off the 60, but gained almost a 1/10th and 2 MPH on the top. So wise choice. With the softer 60 I can probably hit it with 150 off the line. Currently spraying 125.
This is a new personal best.
Backed it up with a 10.38 @ 129.65 with a 1.44 60
My slicks are on their last legs, so may be better when new pair goes on.

Since Photobucket is being stupid, the time slip was 10.36 @ 129 and change with a 1.44 60.

Nice pass Wookie, thanks for sharing

Auto Transport Service
Back