• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What vehicle is this hood release bracket for, Charger?

Dibbons

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Purchased this item that was advertised as a 71-74 BBody inside hood release cable protector. Well, that is not what it is, planning to fabricate my own. In the meantime, would like to identify it (with OEM part number if possible) and put it into the hands of someone who might need it. It is hard as steel and about six inches long (LOL). Primed in Rust-Oleum. Thank you.
DSC00965.JPG
DSC00964.JPG

I think that is the bracket the hood release cable mounts to. The two holes mount to the upright and the cable mounts to the hole on the far end. I remember seeing something like that for my car. I'm not sure if it ever made it onto the car or ended up in the storage van on top of the hill in Alabama. I'll take a look when I get home.

90 BUCKS FOR THAT LATCH AND BRACKET?!?!?!? GOOD GAWD!!

On second thought, maybe I should sell my spares on eBay. I got a whole van filled with spares.

Auto Transport Service
Back