• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it called? Side window holder?

70Bronco

Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
66 Belvedere II, 2 door hardtop. The piece holding the front edge of my driver's side door glass in the track is missing. The glass has drilled holes in it, a holder attaches to it and keeps it there when the window is rolled up and down. I took a photo, but it doesn't show it very well. I'm trying to find one. What is that piece called? Any idea where I can get one?

On another note, what is the piece in the second photo? It is between the rear side window and inside panel of the car. I'm guessing it's supposed to have a rubber or felt cover on it?

IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1605.JPG

Ahh...that is an up stop...A bent metal bracket with a thin piece of rubber wrapped around it....You can cut a piece of black rubber hose to fit 3/4 or a little bigger I believe...

Last edited:
Does the window come out of the groove? If it does there is a guide missing that snaps into the hole in the window. there is also a fuzzy seal/guide that goes in there too. I might have the part number for the guides at home, I'll
check after work if no one chimes in.
Edit; http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NOS-Mopar-Door-Glass-Run-Vent-Guide-Weatherstrip-Clips/251732539499?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=47507&meid=6ed4da73cf6f4ee0bf473d4a24943ba5&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=251907168432&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
I'm missing everything that attaches to the glass. Looking at the passenger side, it looks like there's a piece that extends the full length of the glass, held in place where the two holes are?? I think those are the pieces @moparnation74 showed in his first post.

I'm missing everything that attaches to the glass. Looking at the passenger side, it looks like there's a piece that extends the full length of the glass, held in place where the two holes are?? I think those are the pieces @moparnation74 showed in his first post.
Yes those parts are held to the window with the guides I think.

The glass channel run that is attached to the front of the door glass and that slides up and down with the glass inside the glass channel run is the flocked mylar guides. The Chrysler pieces have just recently went NS1 and there are differences between them and the reproduction guides. So be sure of what you buying as there is a tremendous difference in price and function. At the back of the door is a similar channel down inside the door. This is a heavy rubber piece with flocking approximately 14 inches in length. This piece is actually glued and riveted in place. Few people replace these flocked rubber pieces, but they do get worn. We could still purchase the original material from the OEM manufacture up until approximately two years ago. Unfortunately, they have discontinued the piece stating that the tooling was to the point that it was no longer usable. The rubber bands as found on the up stops can be purchased from Steele Rubber.

66 Belvedere II, 2 door hardtop. The piece holding the front edge of my driver's side door glass in the track is missing. The glass has drilled holes in it, a holder attaches to it and keeps it there when the window is rolled up and down. I took a photo, but it doesn't show it very well. I'm trying to find one. What is that piece called? Any idea where I can get one?

On another note, what is the piece in the second photo? It is between the rear side window and inside panel of the car. I'm guessing it's supposed to have a rubber or felt cover on it?

View attachment 519146 View attachment 519147
I was wondering if you ever got your window finished and figured out? I have the same car that I have been building from a shell for three years. Its finally painted and the engine is in but now I am starting the windows and interior. Unfortunately, I did not take the windows out of the car, so I am a little confused on the pieces and parts. I think I have most parts but I too am confused about the guide that rides in the cozy wing track. I found a clear plastic u-shaped track that appears to wrap on the glass with a black rubber rectangle block that snaps through the holes in the glass holding it on. Both items appear to be shot and no longer usable. The items I found on line appear to be black and called a channel guide. I assume this is the replacement or re-popped version? Any help is appreciated.

I got it put together. It was a U channel weatherstrip. They are expensive for what they are. If I remember correctly--remove the rubber from the top of the wing track, remove the window (don't forget to detach the connection at the bottom), install the U channel, slide the window back into place. You will need to loosen the front and rear tracks so they can move as you install and then adjust. It takes some messing around, but was nowhere near the worst thing to deal with on this car.

I was wondering if you ever got your window finished and figured out? I have the same car that I have been building from a shell for three years. Its finally painted and the engine is in but now I am starting the windows and interior. Unfortunately, I did not take the windows out of the car, so I am a little confused on the pieces and parts. I think I have most parts but I too am confused about the guide that rides in the cozy wing track. I found a clear plastic u-shaped track that appears to wrap on the glass with a black rubber rectangle block that snaps through the holes in the glass holding it on. Both items appear to be shot and no longer usable. The items I found on line appear to be black and called a channel guide. I assume this is the replacement or re-popped version? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help! That make complete sense now that I am looking at all the parts. Just received all the new pieces, so we will see how it goes.

Auto Transport Service
Back