• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I buy roof rail retainer seals and screws? Pics inside

dieseldazzle

Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
working on 66 charger

Where can I get this?

IMG_3397.JPG

Aren't the seals just black/thin foam? and the screws thin, flat head/Phillips?

Last edited:
Aren't the seal just black/thin foam? and the screws thin, flat head/Phillips?

I'm sure I can rig anything in there which I will if I have to, I just prefer to use what ma mopar did if I can get my hands in it

May I piggy back your first Gen Charger thread on some other weather stripping?
I need whatever goes into the chrome vent window frame channel that the door glass rides in.
I'm hitting a brick wall, I think, trying to find it that weather stripping.
Mine must be gone.

The seal that goes between the roof and stainless trim is a sponge material that is available for car applications from various vendors. It is very similar to the weatherstripping tape that you would purchase at Home Depot / Lowes for home use. The car application is unique for the width and thickness and is relatively inexpensive. The screws that holds the roof rail stainless trim in place is a very unique phillips head that is relatively difficult to come by. A couple of the vendors stock them. They have a very shallow head with a broad shoulder if that makes sense. For the roof rail weatherstrip, I strongly suggest to our customers to try to reuse their originals or purchase the Steele variety as opposed to the Metro piece. The Steele piece is almost double the price, but at least the door glass will roll up into the channel properly. For the weatherstrip that goes on the front edge of the door glass, I strongly suggest using the factory Mopar pieces. Depending upon who you buy them from, the original weatherstripping will be $20 to $50 more for a pair verses the reproductions. Hopefully this will give you guys some insight into those areas.

Onlyone:

It actually attaches to the door glass and is common. I'll give you a part number in a few im in the house right now.

Well, I feel "duh".
I just assumed there was supposed to be something in the frame.
It's on the leading edge of the glass as stated.
Upon closer examination I can tell what has happened.
All the weatherstripping has disappeared from the glass leading edge.
All that remains is the thin plastic base and some bumper looking things.
It's "bald".
So if I find the MOPAR stuff, I reuse my "clips" that are hanging there??

glass1 (1).jpg glass1 (2).jpg

The seal that goes between the roof and stainless trim is a sponge material that is available for car applications from various vendors. It is very similar to the weatherstripping tape that you would purchase at Home Depot / Lowes for home use. The car application is unique for the width and thickness and is relatively inexpensive. The screws that holds the roof rail stainless trim in place is a very unique phillips head that is relatively difficult to come by. A couple of the vendors stock them. They have a very shallow head with a broad shoulder if that makes sense. For the roof rail weatherstrip, I strongly suggest to our customers to try to reuse their originals or purchase the Steele variety as opposed to the Metro piece. The Steele piece is almost double the price, but at least the door glass will roll up into the channel properly. For the weatherstrip that goes on the front edge of the door glass, I strongly suggest using the factory Mopar pieces. Depending upon who you buy them from, the original weatherstripping will be $20 to $50 more for a pair verses the reproductions. Hopefully this will give you guys some insight into those areas.

With both the reproductions and the new original pieces, they come with new guides and pins. They may very well break when you try to take them apart after 45 plus years.

69bfan speaks the absolute truth!

FYI prices have been all over the place for these pieces from 50-100 a piece.

I ended up going to the dodge dealer a buddy is the service manager at and paid 68 bucks for the pair

That is a screaming deal. Was that a recent price? I know that retail is around $72 each through Chrysler.

69bfan speaks the absolute truth!

FYI prices have been all over the place for these pieces from 50-100 a piece.

I ended up going to the dodge dealer a buddy is the service manager at and paid 68 bucks for the pair

That's what I get for buying a car to resurrect that Chrysler only made 15 thousand of, I guess.
What I've ordered says it fits more than one model.
So maybe it has to be cut to length for different models?
I was able to get my "pins" out......they look OK.....but......
The new ones come with pins.
I won't admit what I paid.:eek::(

Still looking for the correct flocked quarter window seals.
I've got my old ones and none online look like the groves are in the right place.
The grooves are offset on each side on mine to fit in the metal.

You will need a CH1023 from Soft Seal for this particular application and should run you around $17.00. This application is shorter than the 68 to 70 B-Body application.

Auto Transport Service
Back