• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here has tried "Over the counter" testosterone supplements?

Are you looking for a little more 'lead in your pencil' or just a general pick-me-up?

Without grossing anyone out...Everything still works fine. I just find that my desire to do things has waned. The pleasure I get from most things feels less than I remember. My drive and determination has diminished. I also don't feel as peppy as I used to.
I've had the same sort of diet and exercise habits for years. This sort of thing is worse in the Winter so maybe the Spring will bring some improvements.

Did i leave out almonds? I soak some raw almonds in distilled water for 12 hours with 2 or three rinses in between, before periodically munching on a few all day long. My green drink is only in the P.M. hours.

Without grossing anyone out...Everything still works fine. I just find that my desire to do things has waned. The pleasure I get from most things feels less than I remember. My drive and determination has diminished. I also don't feel as peppy as I used to.
I've had the same sort of diet and exercise habits for years. This sort of thing is worse in the Winter so maybe the Spring will bring some improvements.
You sound fairly normal for your (our) age then....not too much to be bothered about. :thumbsup:

As long as I can drive around my surreal beast and astonished everyone with it, i have bounce in my step. I just want to drive it , all else is blatant.

Yea winter is pretty stupid, what the hell was Jacques Cartier thinking?

Not to diminish your pain Kern, but sounds like the Ole " mid life crisis" or at the least male menopause. You're a young man yet, forget what you're "supposed " to be and just enjoy where you're at.
Skip the miracle pills, doubt they work.
Have some blood work to make sure everything is OK, but after that RC had some good suggestions ..........
A few posts ago someone also mentioned something about a wife's sisters and a wig??? Spice it up.
Good luck, and remember,
This too shall pass

I do all of the above, I work out 5 times a week, I push just as much weight as a 25 yr old, Im 47. I eat healthy, take multi vitamins, fish oil supplements and minimal red meat, my alcohol intake is nil, in comparison to what I used to do when I was 25. I walk my dog 1.5 miles just about everyday. With all of this my T was
waay low, and it was a gradual decrease in T, not an overnight drop. Some people's bodies might just stop making T as they age, and Im one of them. I wish I didn't have to take meds for it, but for me it works. Im not as cranky, I sleep better, mental focus is better, and my strength is still there. Am I 25.....no, and I accept that, its that I feel the quality of life has improved, for me any way. Just my .02

I still work properly and have a BMI of 19 and never exercise because my work is very active. That doesn't mean I can't see muscle disappearing.
Blue Cross decided years ago I was just fine with the T level of a 9 year old.
T replacement would be $800 a month.
Has anyone actually had insurance pay for any kind of T therapy, or is it only for the wealthy?
When it comes to hoisting and hanging transmissions, I definitely notice.
Oh, and surfing and windsurfing...I notice the loss.

Wouldn't testosterone supplements incite burning of the candle at both ends ?

Let me first say, Good for you, for being man enough to make this thread. Most guys are embarrassed to admit they are not the same as they were 10 years ago, or 5 years before that... I have nothing to prove so I too am open about not being a 20 year old anymore.. not a big deal Ill leave that to the 20 year olds..

read this if you want, its a long story...

It does sound to me like a bit of a midlife crisis, not buy a corvette, get hair plugs, pierce your nose, divorce your wife, move into a loft above a night club level crisis, but the normal "question what the fck its all for, another day of this, how do I already need new socks" crisis...

I call it the "why dont they make socks like they used to crisis"...

One day I wake up take a shower, and walk out of the bathroom, I never before just wanted to lay back in bed and not leave the house. I normally robot up, I do the same thing every morning, stretch, shower, shave, dress, make the bed, go to kitchen, tea and toast are waiting, kiss the wife, go to work, work all day, come home watch the news, eat dinner, look for mopars on the net, go to bed, 7 hours later do it all over again...

But that morning something happened during my shower maybe? I now sit on the edge of the bed and pull a sock on, the thing rips at the heal and I notice the sock is all worn out, so I pull it off and look at the other sock, also worn out, so I grab another pair, it to is worn, not ripped, but worn.

So I get dressed go down to my wife and say "when was the last time I got new socks" she says "I bought you socks less than a year ago, do you need socks, Ill get some today" I reply "yah, these are worn out" she says "they dont last how long they used to" so I say "whats that supposed to mean" because I admit the skin on my feet may not be baby soft like when I was younger lol, but I was at a weak point and like an injurred animal struck back... She gave me the oddest look like "what are we talking about"? and the conversation went no further, I said "dont mind me, Im all over the place today", didnt feel like eating my toast and took off for work

ALL DAY I FELT LIKE ****, and the socks were on my mind, so everyday i have lunch with a friend of mine at work, so I asked "how often do you buy socks", now again I admit Im a weird fcker, but people seem to like me and they put up with it, lol..
He is single and I figured he bought his own socks, so he had no problem answering me, he said "I don't know, they last a while, probably had some of the same socks for 3-4 years now"...

So I tell him about my sock ordeal and he says "you probably bought cheap socks, buy better socks"...

Could it be that simple lol and would I need to wait 2 years to know if that is the case?

So my day goes on, I come home and my wife bought me new socks, I asked if they were the same socks she bought me last time, and she said "I always get you the hanes socks, same ones, do you want different ones" and I said no..

So its not the socks, next day same thing, except my old socks are gone and I got new socks, I tell my buddy from work, they are the same socks I always had, he says "maybe hanes cut costs and they arent the same", the guys a genius, it must be the socks arent the same after all...

So I compare my old socks to the new ones, and they are the same, I call hanes and they tell me same materials, same machines, made in the same place for 30 years........

So after all this, I came to the conclusion ITS ME, I am changing, my socks dont last as long, I am not as excited to do the same things I have always done, and I am so bored with it I am looking for something as stupid as how long my socks last to put a little mystery in my life...

What a fcking baby I am... Man the fck up, go to work and get over it... right? but for what?

now this thread is long enough so I will fast forward a bit, I hurt my knee, I am limping around a bit wearing a brace, me and my wife are walking into a restaurant to have dinner with friends, and I miss a step, a young kid going down the stairs thought I was going to fall (maybe I was we will never know), so he goes to grab me but I give him the look of death and regain my balance, my wife says "you all right?" and that entire night it is like the socks all over, my head is all fucked up, where do I go form here?

I honestly start having the dumbest thoughts, a younger girl at work always flirts with me, shes not a model but shes a good looking young women, so I start flirting back, and it escalates, she makes the first move I dont stop her, and now I am cheating on my wife (not actually cheating in the physical sense yet, but secret dinners, lying to my wife about where I am going) BUT heres the thing I FEEL GOOD, I feel like I am the old me, run circles around the nephews at thanksgiving football, arm wrestle the nieces 20 year old boyfriends and make them look silly, all of it.... LIFE IS RESTORED!!!!!

RIGHT?

NO, its not, because I go home to my beautiful, loving, caring, wife and she is there, at my home that we built, with my family, and now I am embarrassed of myself, acting different towards her in waves of resent and then remorse, with in minutes of each other... What a mess..

so I confide in my buddy at work, and he says "you are ruining your life, not the life you have but the life you lived, you keep going down this road and all you have done in your life is bull ****, think of it like one of the cars you built, you spend 25 years building it and then squash it and turn it into a newer honda minus the reliability, so you have a new honda, it feels good for a minute because its new, but it wont last as long, it has no history, character and you are an old car guy so you have nothing in common with it", he goes on to explain that he has never known me to be selfish, and I havent been myself and maybe I should go to a doctor, because the decisions Im making are bad, and Im gonna regret every second of it. He also says "the new girl makes you feel young, that is just the easy road, there are other things that can make you feel you have a purpose again"

So now I knock it off with the younger women, I can't bare to tell my wife I ever even considered it, and I take a deep breath, and I feel like I am trapped in a box, tightness in my chest and no where to go...

so I start figuring it out, I am happy with my wife, I cant say a bad thing about her, I am happy with work, happy with finances, happy with the toys, happy with the family in general, what is wrong with me? And thats when I really figure it out, its me, it really is me, I am changing, I need to come up with a plan to make myself happy with myself again..

So I do, I sell some stuff, move some stuff around, plan some vacations, start eating better, working out more, spending more quality time with my wife, we start getting weekly couples massages, and start filling my life with new stuff that isnt a 26 year old blonde living in a condo her father pays for.

And it happens, Im happy again, not that I can ever say I was sad as I was just so confused and so not ready to become an old man, that I would set my world on fire to make it seem like it stopped, but it doesnt stop, you just end up with a burnt world....

So now my socks dont last 5 years I dont know if they ever did, but Im so busy living my life I can't find time to figure it out.

Moral of the story is you may feel this way because you are just stuck in a repetitive rut, a case of the same old same old, change up your day a bit, BUT do it all for the better, all for better health (eat a bit better, and new stuff), find a new workout regiment, find some new passion in your life, find a new hobby, accomplish something you can be proud of, my biggest thing was I started going to the range with my wife and shooting, I filled my free time with activities and in that I found new ways to show off in front of my wife, making me feel viable again.

One more thing, a little while later we are out to dinner with friends and they are talking about washing machines, they need a new one, and my wife says "a few years ago we got the high efficiency washer and it works good but I don't know if its the detergent or the washer itself, but it wears out your clothes faster" I said "WHAT" and my wife looked at me and said "yah, its harder on the soft fabrics, I think it spins harder and faster making the clothes not last as long" so I said "like my socks" and she said "yah our socks, tee shirts, jogging pants, they last half as long" so I said "your socks dont last as long" and she said "what is it with you and the socks, none of our socks last anymore I have to buy the kids socks and tee shirts twice a year because the washer beats them up"...

I hope this helps, apologies for the wall of text, lol.. hard to make life a short story (if your lucky)...

Holy Godzillas! I've got socks older than some of my kids, and some T shirts too. Thanks for the heads up about the washer, no way I'm putting my clothes in that thing. We have one of them (on the 2nd floor), sounds like a Huey landing on the roof, one more reason to hate the thing.
There you have it Kern, you need a different washer.
Sorry Bud, we all feel your pain.
Went through it myself- " is this all there is?" kinda thing, then you realize you have it all.

Exercise regularly, eat healthy, drink moderately and have as much sex as you can. That will keep your T level up !!!!
Holy ****! We just got a new washing machine too! Been throwing away pairs of socks left and right lately.

These just came out of the washing machine... But it seems she has the tag on the outside.
tumblr_o69dweSzVU1vs7s1zo1_500.gif

These just came out of the washing machine... But it seems she has the tag on the outside.
tumblr_o69dweSzVU1vs7s1zo1_500.gif

Im thinking them did not just come out of the wash, I think she just spun them around and she is trying to get 2 days out of them...

Ummm, burning the candle at both ends was the only way to make my life work out. Now I'm on a bad back-n-forth days/nights 12 hours 2 on 2 off then a group of 3 days, and that was tough enough when I was younger.
I have another 15 years to keep working before I can think about stopping.
I need a three ended candle about now.

speaking of washing machines , who has a drawer full of odd socks because their wonderful appliance eats socks ?
never a pair always only one leaving you with no option other than to sort through your odd socks drawer for a "close" match
or like me just grab the first one you come to and ware odd socks :lol:

Well this is fucked up...I also have one of those high efficiency washing machines...
Thanks for the novel! Not many would take the time to write all that. I can see how your situation could have occurred to another person. It makes my condition look pretty minor by comparison.
I will divulge a little more:
I'm 51. My Dad died at 54. Older brother died at 49. Mom left 2 years ago at 73. Younger brother died at 41. 3 were from Liver/Lung/cancer and the younger brother from Methamphetamine abuse. I miss all of them and even though I live cleaner than they did, I still sometimes have this doom and gloom cloud overhead wondering when my time is coming. I know that everyone dies and that we cannot control it. I try my best to stay busy and focused on things that drown out the occasional fear of death. The problem is, to stay busy I need to feel some sort of physical motivational push. This leads me back to the question of whether or not I need a boost of testosterone. Last May, I did have a complete blood workup. Everything is in the normal range with some key areas being better than average. My T count is 400. They list "normal"between 240 and 1070 so I am in the range, although in the lower end of it.

Well this is fucked up...I also have one of those high efficiency washing machines...
Thanks for the novel! Not many would take the time to write all that. I can see how your situation could have occurred to another person. It makes my condition look pretty minor by comparison.
I will divulge a little more:
I'm 51. My Dad died at 54. Older brother died at 49. Mom left 2 years ago at 73. Younger brother died at 41. 3 were from Liver/Lung/cancer and the younger brother from Methamphetamine abuse. I miss all of them and even though I live cleaner than they did, I still sometimes have this doom and gloom cloud overhead wondering when my time is coming. I know that everyone dies and that we cannot control it. I try my best to stay busy and focused on things that drown out the occasional fear of death. The problem is, to stay busy I need to feel some sort of physical motivational push. This leads me back to the question of whether or not I need a boost of testosterone. Last May, I did have a complete blood workup. Everything is in the normal range with some key areas being better than average. My T count is 400. They list "normal"between 240 and 1070 so I am in the range, although in the lower end of it.

Im sorry sorry to hear about losses, its one of those promises life makes you whether you want it or not. But something I learned a while back when I got to the age where it seemed i knew more people dying than being born.

"you can not live fearing death or anticipating when it will come, you have to live your life as if you die tomorrow yet live forever" thats one you wont find on the internet ;)

Do yourself a favor, remember those family members when they were still with you, it would be a shame to think their memories were a constant reminder of your mortality, sure learn from them, if I had a brother that passed while crossing train tracks I would be super careful around train tracks, and let that be your "push" to do something today...

I hate to say this but my problem was the "day in day out', the "norm", and I went from waiting for excitement to just knowing it was never gonna come..
Make a plan with yourself to look for the adventure, and after a few adventures the past adventures will be your fuel.

Heres one more tip for you, go get a massage (not happy ending, that tends to drain any ambition you were able to muster up), massage releases endorphines (Im not even trying to spell it), and its a science, if you tell them you want a relaxing massage, and go to the right place, you will leave their feeling great, but it will carry to the next day, this is no bull ****, lol...
read this https://regenerativemassageclinic.wordpress.com/how-massage-and-exercise-release-endorphins/

Its all about hormones and chemicals the brain makes and how it reacts to them, I dont know exactly how it works, but exercise and massage will make you feel like a different person after a couple weeks, start off getting 2 massages a week and working out 3 times a week, if you already work out add a new one, dance, kettle bell, what ever just something new. Then go get a massage, and grab a cheap diffuser to run while you sleep with some I like using the orange oils while I sleep.

I know when I first heard all this **** I was like "what?, Im not doing that" and then after a couple weeks, I slept better, felt better, and I look forward to my massages, I had cars I hadnt had the drive to touch and before long I was out there restoring again and painting and it changed my life...

Good luck kern, I hope it all works out for you, and I am truly sorry to hear about your family members passing at such a young age, not sure what your religion is but hopefully its one that helps you cope with such loss offering some kind of explanation...

Testosterone supplements = heart attack ~ stroke ~ blood clots ~ prostate enlargement ~ liver damage .Oh yeah, and buy a bra!

Auto Transport Service
Back