• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

I took this picture, early 1990's.

PICT0056.JPG

The CoD. From the USS Lexington (steaming around in circles in the Gulf of Mexico). One of the last piston powered aircraft serving in the U.S. Navy when this picture was taken. 1988??

PICT0193.JPG

Off F B with a video, he's really interesting to read/hear. You have to read his take on the F35 vs the F22.

I'm a cold war fighter pilot, flew the F-86, F-100, F-102, and F-106, and had 132 combat missions in Vietnam. My aviation page is "Spirit of Attack", and I have a book for sale by that name. See Facebook or YouTube "Spirit of Attack" for about 25 videos that I have made. I have a lot of experience with radar, ECM, and ECCM, and am a big supporter of the F-35 program.

Nathan Milarta
Bruce infront of his f-102 :0 Cool as sh!t!

Like · Reply · 5 · 22 hrs

Nathan Milarta
is this you flying the 102 Bruce?

1 Reply

Nathan Milarta
Bruce in his F-100 during tour in Vietnam!

Spirit of Attack author interview

Justin Fluegel Welcome, Bruce. And thank you for your service. Maybe a new thread is instore as I would love to hear your thoughts on the F-35, especially since the it's so mixed even amongst pilots and ground crew.
Like · Reply · 10 hrs

Bruce Gordon
Justin Fluegel - Figures from Red Flag and other exercises show that the F-35 can shoot down the F-15 and F-18 at about a 15:1 rate. Fourth generation fighters are shot down before they get in visual range, so air to air maneuvering is almost obsolete. 5th Gen interface between friendly aircraft and ground stations gives a tactical advantage that is hard to describe. The F-35A is now below $100 million, while new 4+ gen fighters cost $85 million but the F-35 can kill them at a 15:1 rate. We need more F-35s, ASAP!
Unlike · Reply · 3 · 10 hrs

Bruce Gordon
Justin Fluegel - a new thread about the F-35 would be a good idea. Facebook / Raptor and Lightning Defenders is already doing that, and I am active on that site. Warbirds can easily expand to include the latest aircraft and the information that is available about them.
Like · Reply · 2 · 9 hrs

I'll send in some F-106 pics
I was flying in a T-33 trainer 1980 at Castle AFB and some F-106s buzzed us....
Real neat!

4th TFW deploying for Desert Shield. 1990

View attachment 394211
I work with the 4th out of Seymour Johnson. We supply a lot of their tool kits. Love the F15s. Our shop is about a mile outside the back gate and we see them flying all the time. It's great when they host the air show as the main practice route takes all the planes right over our shop for 2-3 days. Not a lot of work gets done that first practice day to say the least? :thumbsup:

'Blade & ski '- forgot what this is.!!!! My uncle had a PT-19 at same airport.

IMG_0757.JPG

Hybrid engines on 'Doc', (?)not too many R-2800 engines available anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back