• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

There were over 125,000 R-2800 engines made, there must still be a few around. But didn't the B-29 originally use the Wright R-3350?
You are correct Sir. I had same question......the B-50 used the Pratt & Wittney 4360 'Corn Cobs.'

DSC00061.JPG

Here I am with a few friends.

'Blade & ski '- forgot what this is.!!!! My uncle had a PT-19 at same airport.

View attachment 396884

It sure looks like a T6 Texan to me
We have one here at Edwards for the youngsters in the Test Pilot school
There is also one down by you Jimi flying out of Palomar Air Field, Vista/Carlsbad CA
(I paid $400 for my younger sis to have a ride in one down at Palomar)
A "Popular" plane
They were actually used in Combat, Pacific campaign ...

There is also one down by you Jimi flying out of Palomar Air Field, Vista/Carlsbad CA
A "Popular" plane
Nah, it's not a T-6/SNJ, Ski. It kind of looks like a Douglas TBD Devestator or a Buffalo Brewster. The picture is too vague, but it looks like a fixed gear which would cancel it from being the above mentioned. It may be some kind of Vultee.

A "Popular" plane
AT-6 Texan was the USAAF version.....SNJ Harvard was the Navy version....built by North American. In Tucson in the early sixties , @ Tucson International, along a two mile stretch of Valencia Road, AT-6's were lined up behind the chain link fence & were selling for 100.00 a pop.

I see a couple of yellow Harvards fly over during special occasions every year, such as Nov. 11th. Gotta just love that radial sound.

The 270 Canadian Harvards (Harvard 4) were build by Canadian Car and Foundry, plus they built another 285 for the USAF.

N.A._CCF_T-6J_20310_G-BSBG_WFD_23.06.96R_edited-3.jpg

F-35 DOMINATES RED FLAG:

For all of you F-35 haters, latest new from last weeks Nellis Red Flag:

Aerotech News and Review
17 Feb 2017

"After eight days "at war" the F-35A Lightning II is proving to be an invaluable asset during Red Flag 17-01. the Air Force's premier air combat exercise held at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev"

The F-35's "core capabilities" are: Air interdiction and suppression of enemy air defense

Last edited:
Some interesting trivia:

1. The FORD Thunderbolt was named after the famous P-47 Thunderbolt.

2. The FORD Mustang was named after the famous P-51 Mustang.

thunderbolt.jpg

P-51_Mustang__side_full.jpg

Not mine. A Bird my Brother is running ads on in Aircraftmarketplace & Plane Fax.
A whole lotta' Airplane for 595K.

SJ_1958_CLoudmaster_Blast.jpg

P-47D. My favorite American fighter of WWII. The hemi- road runner of the air.

This is Kermit Week's(Fantasy of Flight) Martin B-26 Marauder(Widowmaker). @ Chino airport in 95, when Aero Trader was doing partial restore & making airworthy. Weeks bought the Bird from David Tallichet @ Chino. An A model with short wing. This airplane was actually pieced together from three airplanes, parts were back packed out of Yukon. A squadron that got lost & ran out of fuel. The snow & cold served to preserve the wrecks. This is the ONLY airworthy example of this Hot Rod to date. These airplanes in capable hands could turn as tight as single engine fighters & capable pilots scored BF 109 & FW 190 kills with them. The Widowmaker has the highest return rate of any combat a/c in WWll. Landing speed 135 mph. An airplane intolerant of complacency, but capable of turning in the performance numbers. My Old Man was a Martin test pilot.

IMG_20170305_102913.jpg IMG_20170305_102954.jpg IMG_20170305_103022.jpg IMG_20170305_103035.jpg

A Mooney Porsche'.......a Factory built A/C, collaboration between Mooney & Porsche'.....produced in small numbers over a couple years in 90's.
A 3/4 scale Curtis P6-Hawk replica with an LT-1 Chevy
My DanaToo in Her Cessna Citation.

IMG_20170305_103313.jpg IMG_20170305_103341.jpg IMG_20170305_103457.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back