• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's upgrading?

bobtile

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
What are your plans for over the winter?
Current E.T. and what are your goals for the spring.
I'm going smaller and faster.
Currently 448 ci and a best of 10.11 and 131.48 mph.
Going with a virgin block @ .030
446 for the new combo.
Aiming for 9.90's
Lots of upgrades .

Last edited:
new cylinder heads sheet metal manifold two bob books on top shooting for some 7.60s

I may do a bunch of suspension work,
I'm procrastinating...

it's not on a racecar either, just a streetbeast

Current is 10.53 at 129 mph...
Installing Calvert racing monoleaf springs and Viking double adjustable shocks for better 60 ft and
water methanol injection to keep engine happy...
Making up aluminum bumper brackets and other bits to lose some weight...
Hoping to get into 10.30's

I am hoping to start on mine next year going to a 500 inch right now its a 446 and maybe go to automatic

Current is 10.53 at 129 mph...
Installing Calvert racing monoleaf springs and Viking double adjustable shocks for better 60 ft and
water methanol injection to keep engine happy...
Making up aluminum bumper brackets and other bits to lose some weight...
Hoping to get into 10.30's
With CalTracs I would suggest ONLY Cal Trac Brand 9 Way Adjustable shocks.

Hoping to get my heads ported to 350 CFM and enlarged to Max Wedge Ports by Hughes Engines plus a A&A Transbrake and Steel Billet Drum. After I got my 10.50 time slip NOW I want a 10.20 time slip....never ends...lol

With CalTracs I would suggest ONLY Cal Trac Brand 9 Way Adjustable shocks.
Mike: Calvert Racing 9 way adjustable shocks are the old single adjustable Rancho shocks....adjustable for rebound only.........The Vikings are true double adjustable shock, valved in dozens of different combinations for various weight/horsepower combinations.........Do a little research on them....you'll be impressed....
Also, I have already gone thru 2 sets of the 9 way single adjustables and they don't last on my car.......the monoleaf springs won't care what shock is attached to them and I already run CalTrac bars...

John B.

Hoping to get my heads ported to 350 CFM and enlarged to Max Wedge Ports by Hughes Engines plus a A&A Transbrake and Steel Billet Drum. After I got my 10.50 time slip NOW I want a 10.20 time slip....never ends...lol
I know the feeling!

Dual plane intake and 264, .450" solid lifter camshaft for the poly. It's a daily driver that that runs street n strip. Should be a little faster.

DA shocks and mono leafs. The SS springs are wore out after only one season. I've already installed the CalTracs at seasons end.
It's been 11.19 @121 and a best of 1.54 60 ft. Looking for that 10.99.

One other change but its a surprise...

install this...
2rwkv1z.jpg

into this...

xva11.jpg

or this.....

15f0vp2.jpg

I have these heads,,,,,,,and aluminum bumper brackets,,,,,Looking at aluminum radiators.Installing engine limiters and a parachute.

View attachment 7399 View attachment 377400 View attachment 377401 View attachment 377402 View attachment 377403 View attachment 377404 View attachment 377405

View attachment 377399
Going even lighter by installing my light alloy doors and hinges, milled dash and lightweight front longitude bumper mount bosses. Correcting my ride height. That's the extent.

All my daily driver did was spin, still MPH 115.86 & the weather got to hot for me,the track will be running on Jan 14 if the weather is ok, I hope to do a AWESOME smokey burn out & remember to shift LMBO, then do some tuning & pick up some, hopefully not break anything, I also need a new windshield as mine is 49 years old & so scratched up I cant see out of it at night, I hope to find some scales for this heavy pig,but I would guess it is at least 4000 with me, AC & that a518 overdrive is VERY heavy. if I can run 11.50 ish & 118-120 in this baby cam cruiser I will be Happy,,,,,, well at least for a little while.

Last edited:
SoCal goes from fall straight into spring. As for upgrades I'am going light. Lost at least 30 lbs since September. lol. The new blower motor is moving along nicely. Need valve cover setup for dual plugs. Anybody got some they dont need? Looking for a used birdcatcher too....

This is my new motor Somewhat of an upgrade.

400 factory block

Main girdle

ARP main studs

Eagle 4.25" stroker crank

Eagle Rods

Ross Pistons

Clearances are .0025-.0030/.0030

Clevite bearings and Total Seal rings

All balanced of course

Muscle Motors ext oil pump

Moroso 8 qt pan

Compression ratio is a bit over 12-1

Comp Roller .730/.730 lift 284/288 @ .050

Comp lifters

KB Gear Drive

Indy 440-1 heads with full CNC port flow [email protected]

T&D rockers

Pac Springs, retainers, locks and caps

New 2.25/1.88 Manley Valves

ARP Head studs

Trick Flow pushrods

Fel Pro Head gasket

Indy 440-3 Intake, Dominator flange

This is my new motor Somewhat of an upgrade.

400 factory block

Main girdle

ARP main studs

Eagle 4.25" stroker crank

Eagle Rods

Ross Pistons

Clearances are .0025-.0030/.0030

Clevite bearings and Total Seal rings

All balanced of course

Muscle Motors ext oil pump

Moroso 8 qt pan

Compression ratio is a bit over 12-1

Comp Roller .730/.730 lift 284/288 @ .050

Comp lifters

KB Gear Drive

Indy 440-1 heads with full CNC port flow [email protected]

T&D rockers

Pac Springs, retainers, locks and caps

New 2.25/1.88 Manley Valves

ARP Head studs

Trick Flow pushrods

Fel Pro Head gasket

Indy 440-3 Intake, Dominator flange
Canyon.....better hang on to your britches....that 3000lb Road Runner will be flying well into the 9's...and I wouldn't be surprised for low 9's.
Now I will never be able to outrun you.....lol

Mike: Calvert Racing 9 way adjustable shocks are the old single adjustable Rancho shocks....adjustable for rebound only.........The Vikings are true double adjustable shock, valved in dozens of different combinations for various weight/horsepower combinations.........Do a little research on them....you'll be impressed....
Also, I have already gone thru 2 sets of the 9 way single adjustables and they don't last on my car.......the monoleaf springs won't care what shock is attached to them and I already run CalTrac bars...

John B.
Good Info...only reason I say to run the Cal Trac 9way Adj RR shocks is because I bought them with the Cal Trac Setup (along with Cal Trac 90/10 front shocks), set everything up just like instructed to do by the Cal Trac Tech Guy and the car HOOKS.

Canyon.....better hang on to your britches....that 3000lb Road Runner will be flying well into the 9's...and I wouldn't be surprised for low 9's.
Now I will never be able to outrun you.....lol
I'm hoping so but I may want to slow it down some

Auto Transport Service
Back