• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's upgrading?

Ok , back from holidays . New short motor is ready to go in , hopefully by Christmas . Just got to pull current motor and service cylinder heads . I would like to fit torque boxes . Once the motor is in and run I will look at going transbrake , build a complete new trans and new converter . I may have to buy some additional safety wear .
All I need is to clear some room in my workshop so I can get on a hoist .

Tex

Workshop.jpg

Ok , back from holidays . New short motor is ready to go in , hopefully by Christmas . Just got to pull current motor and service cylinder heads . I would like to fit torque boxes . Once the motor is in and run I will look at going transbrake , build a complete new trans and new converter . I may have to buy some additional safety wear .
All I need is to clear some room in my workshop so I can get on a hoist .

Tex

View attachment 377508
Tex...
clearing room in my "shop"....(garage) would mean moving the wife's freezer and Halloween Decorations, etc...way over to one side of the garage...my "hoist" is my 2 ton floor jack....lol...I would sure like to have a shop like yours....good job.

Tex...
clearing room in my "shop"....(garage) would mean moving the wife's freezer and Halloween Decorations, etc...way over to one side of the garage...my "hoist" is my 2 ton floor jack....lol...I would sure like to have a shop like yours....good job.
Mike , that is obviously where I try and make my living . Only drawback my stuff is always second . It has been 10 years slogging on my own here , over 30yrs in the trade . But is the best thing I did .

Tex

Went and mocked up some parts on the motor today. Looks like the idler will be on a swing arm. Have had problems before with arms slipping in high hp set ups.

IMG785.jpg IMG787.jpg

Didnt I mention losing some weight? lol. Of course it will get another belt. But the bracket set up doesnt really allow enough adjustment if pulleys are changed. Cant slide the idler out much before the t-nut hits the mag drive. Also crowds the mags to much for clumsy me. No room for a water fill neck either. Plus a few other things like coils, 8 plug wires,fuel lines etc. Have other set ups to try still....

Didnt I mention losing some weight? lol. Of course it will get another belt. But the bracket set up doesnt really allow enough adjustment if pulleys are changed. Cant slide the idler out much before the t-nut hits the mag drive. Also crowds the mags to much for clumsy me. No room for a water fill neck either. Plus a few other things like coils, 8 plug wires,fuel lines etc. Have other set ups to try still....
I lost 50 lbs. I need an idler pulley for my belt. Lmao

I'm tuning up the jeep, we're not taking anymore **** off the Elsa powerwheels down the street next year...

IMG_2405.JPG

Going from a .030 440 with 906 heads, dual plane performer, 850 Holley, .484 purple shaft, stock internals. Toooooooo trick flow power port 240's, track heat single plane intake, most likely a 1050 up top, comp cams xtreme energy 286 solid roller cam,Harlan sharp roller rockers, H beam rods, haven't decided on pistons yet but they will be changed. That should throw me somewhere into the 11's

Going from a .030 440 with 906 heads, dual plane performer, 850 Holley, .484 purple shaft, stock internals. Toooooooo trick flow power port 240's, track heat single plane intake, most likely a 1050 up top, comp cams xtreme energy 286 solid roller cam,Harlan sharp roller rockers, H beam rods, haven't decided on pistons yet but they will be changed. That should throw me somewhere into the 11's
If you are going to buy heads and intake and carb ... I would suggest INDY EZ Heads with Max Wedge Ports, Edelbrock Super Victor Max Wedge Single Plane Intake and Holly 1050 Dominator and a Comp Cam with at least .650 lift and 270 or so duration @.050 and 12-1 pistons that accommodate the cam lift ( I would also suggest Hughes 1.6 ratio Roller Rockers ) ... If you go less than this you are going to wish you would have done it first. And if you are going to buy a crank, get a stroker crank and go 500" while you are at it....

Mike is giving pretty good advice. A 4.25 crank, Indy EZ-1 heads, Indy intake, 600 + cam gives you about 700 HP. At least it did for me. I'll see how fast that goes when the weather gets warm.

If you are going to buy heads and intake and carb ... I would suggest INDY EZ Heads with Max Wedge Ports, Edelbrock Super Victor Max Wedge Single Plane Intake and Holly 1050 Dominator and a Comp Cam with at least .650 lift and 270 or so duration @.050 and 12-1 pistons that accommodate the cam lift ( I would also suggest Hughes 1.6 ratio Roller Rockers ) ... If you go less than this you are going to wish you would have done it first. And if you are going to buy a crank, get a stroker crank and go 500" while you are at it....
I do want to keep it somewhat streetable... not quite looking for 700 hp, although I wouldn't be upset if it happened. I figured my set up would put me around 600hp and I'd be happy with that. Do you think that's not a good combination of parts I listed? I've tried To do as much homework as possible on the combo and i thought they would work well together. I've already ordered the trick flows...

I do want to keep it somewhat streetable... not quite looking for 700 hp, although I wouldn't be upset if it happened. I figured my set up would put me around 600hp and I'd be happy with that. Do you think that's not a good combination of parts I listed? I've tried To do as much homework as possible on the combo and i thought they would work well together. I've already ordered the trick flows...
If you're looking for 11's and streetable, it was hard to beatthe combo that I had in my GTX.
Stealth heads, lunati hydraulic roller .239 @ .050 .584 lift, hughes 1.6 roller rockers, stock crank, 11.0 srp flat top pistons. Ran power disc brakes. 800 holley, victor intake.
Car weighed 3690 and went 11.20@ 120.
Stock leaf springs with M/T et streets.
I just made myself cry. Why the f@#$ did I sell that?

N96 Air Grabber, maybe TrickFlow 240s. Send my 4 speed back to Passon again. It power shifts great, but 2nd pops out under light decel (again) and I get pissed every time it does and manual steering is easier when you don't have to hold the pistol grip in 2nd going around a slow turn.
Also putting the car on a Mustang Eddy chassis dyno for some HP/TQ @ RPM readings and A/F ratio info, which may lead to some ignition system tuning and 6 bbl tweaks, including Quick Fuel plates and some jets, power valve, etc tweaking.

My only change will be the rear wheels. Currently running steel wheels and will be switching to lighter Hole Shots. They will be powder coated white and then airbrushed to look like steelies. Yeah nothing but money. I just like the look. It will take off about 15-18lbs per axle. Currently ran a best of 11.08 at 120mph at approx. 400lbs. This should take some load off the axles.

Auto Transport Service
Back