• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why MATS is more important this year than ever.

65RoadRacer

Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
I'll admit that I was a bit set back at first, but... I got a chance to talk with Phil Painter about MATS, and we had a great conversation. Maybe it's not about Mopars only anymore, but does that matter when you're a gearhead?

Now's the time to show the Ford and GM guys what it's all about.... who will dominate?
Musclecars At The Strip And Why You Need To Go This Year

I'm still disappointed. There are not enough events that feature just Mopars. That article states that it will attract more vendors that carry all makes. Phooey! All it will do is have GM and Ford vendors dominating while giving a token amount if any to Mopar.

I have never been yet and was considering making time this year if my car had been ready but it's not, after seeing the new venue I was disappointed as well. It's not that I wouldn't share a show with all makes but there are what only 3 real Chrysler only shows across this country? Well at least the ones I know of Carlisle, Vegas and LA.

There are about 100 common shows starting now through October. So having a mopar only show is a pretty important not just for us but vendors, after reading the explanation of why they opened it I was sad, it seems the attendance is way down, not many mopar fans going to vegas anymore, not enough to cover the rising costs of putting on the show. More and more LX car clubs etc I guess who knows?

To that I say then re think how you present a mopar only show to the public and the vendors! Seems as more and more people who are either just getting into the mopar genre less and less of the brand and the history is being told or shown with shows, examples Historical museum shut down, gobberment letting fiat buy Chrysler, with the hellcat the only real muscle car being advertised and the Dodge Ram now just Ram and the brands being watered down by fiat europe it's really no wonder young people have nothing pure to relate to!

Who is at fault here for a show sponsor having to switch to a all brands show?

I guess it comes down to an open show or no show.
I'm still going.
The Nats is a Mopar only show as is Mopars In The Park.

Auto Transport Service
Back