• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these rear ends drop in

justanotherguy

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I'm wondering if either of these rear ends would drop in to my 73 Satellite. It currently has a 8 1/4. I want to pick up an 8 3/4 that I can install a suregrip and regear then drop in for simplicity. I'm just confused by what years fit what, etc. No affiliation with these craigslist posts, just something I ran across. They are the only two b body rear ends I can find anywhere near me.

Mopar 1967 (B Body) 8 3/4 Rear End With 294 Gears - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale - craigslist

Mopar (B Body) 8 3/4 Rear End With 323 Gears - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale - craigslist

Short answer...No
Spring perches are out wider on a 73,drum to drum is also wider, also has a isolated spring in 73 (I think). Definitely some work to make it work and not a bolt in.

A good candidate donor that can be found cheap is out of a 70-71 c body.

Screenshot_20240115_145100_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_145729_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_145124_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
8 3/4 for 73/74 shouldn’t be hard to find. Then if coming with 741, 742 or 489 case could it be too picky depending on the actual visible market..

and I meant the “visible market” because the resto/mod world wave on our cars is IMHO falling down, so I think less ppl is working on publish new sale ads because the latelly lack of interest. You can see this on how slow are all the boards are moving latelly. So maybe is time to get back to the old school search, tracking/searching at junkyards

Auto Transport Service
Back