• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILWOOD REAR BRAKES

jluisfelipe

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Hello friends, I am doing my 4 wheel discs conversion and I am looking for Wilwood rear brakes that fits with my 15" Torque Thrust II wheels. They must be plain (not slotted or drilled).
Do you know if Wilwood makes anything with this characteristics? 11" rotos would be perfect...

They do, simple search on their site or summit, kegs etc will get you what you’re looking for.

What you really need to know is the caliper clearance of your rim, from center of hub to lip of rim

I searched and didn´t found it, just a drilled one of 11,44" rotors...
By the way, I didn´t mentioned my car: Dodge Charger RT 1970 (original power brakes with drums in the rear). If someone knows where I can find Wilwood 11" rear brakes kit for it, please let me know.

FYI once you pick the kit you get the option of drilled and slotted rotors or solid surface

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. You're amazing. The thing is when I searched for 1970 drum rear brakes conversion to discs this option didn't appear, but I think it must fit. After all, my car is DANA 60.
I will also purchase the Wilwood 11'7 front discs kit from Doctor Diff and the Hydraytech booster. Do you think I may need this part too: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/wil-260-11179?

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. You're amazing. The thing is when I searched for 1970 drum rear brakes conversion to discs this option didn't appear, but I think it must fit. After all, my car is DANA 60.
I will also purchase the Wilwood 11'7 front discs kit from Doctor Diff and the Hydraytech booster. Do you think I may need this part too: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/wil-260-11179?
Yes get it, they also have the same part that comes with a mounting bracket that’s the one I have.

Here’s my 15” street lites with 12.19” rotors

A2EFBF8E-930F-4E67-B0F0-5851152CB05A.jpeg

Wow! That's tight. Nice job!
Then...do you think my setup will be good?
* FRONT 11,7" WILWOOD 4 pistons discs
* REAR 11" WILWOOD 4 pistons discs
* Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valves
* Wilwood 1 1/8 bore Master Cylinder
* Hydratech Booster

I had the 12.88 rotors on front of mine. 15x7 street lites with 4.5” backspace. Really it all depends on the wheel because there’s a step on the inside of the drum you need to know the measurement to see if it will clear the caliper.

51196D38-DCD2-4868-A3E6-802FA671DDF3.jpeg

In 11" rear brakes kit, I can choose between two models, with 2,36 and 2,50 axle offset. Which one will give me more clearance (sorry if the question is too basic)? Will it be enough for my 15" Torque Thrust II wheels?

In 11" rear brakes kit, I can choose between two models, with 2,36 and 2,50 axle offset. Which one will give me more clearance (sorry if the question is too basic)? Will it be enough for my 15" Torque Thrust II wheels?

**** I can’t remember, someone else will chime in or ask dr diff, he’s the one who set me up. Send him an email he answers all times of the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back