• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wind lacing

Thunderlugs

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Going to install the Windlacing/ weatherstrip in my 65 Bell II. It has been far too long since I have done this on my R/T. So can you tell me, should I be using some dabs of weatherstrip adhesive here and there to affix it more securely, or just slide the channel over the pinch welds and be done with it? Also the under roof rail channel window seal. I think that particular run does require some cement. Just want to be sure. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions/help.

Thunder

Last edited:
The windlace should grab on without adhesive. But, if it's loose or something it won't hurt to put a little on the pinch weld before installing. I would try it dry first.

Every windlace ive ever dealt with had a metal spine that a litte squeeze would help tighten things up..also a small deadblow helps get things formed around radi, corners ect

Last edited:
The wind lace is fairly snug so I found no adhesive needed. Start at the bottom middle of the door and work your way around. The small dead blow helps as mentioned above. Take your time at the top with the head liner. Don't cut the wind lace until everything is exactly as you want it.
You may need to massage the pinch weld to get the wind lace to sit correctly and have the doors close easily. The pinch weld can be moved or bent in or out, and some grind the pinch weld to get the wind lace to site just right.
My doors were really snug and had to be slammed when the wind lace was first installed, but they are getting easier to close now after some use.
IMG_0710.JPG

Just noticed that yours is not a post car, so it may be slightly different to mine.

Just noticed that yours is not a post car, so it may be slightly different to mine.
65 Thanks much for these tips. These are the types of things nobody seems to discuss , but are quite important. This is what I consider the Value of the internet, and forging relationships with great people with like interests, and talents!!
On another note, we spent the better part of the day installing the under roof rail seals. Even though the quality of the product was seems high end, the design seems to be slightly different from original , and a bit of a Bitch to get in as intended. Oh well, just venting a little. It all goes with the hobby , and our choices to do this stuff on our own. Always appreciate your input! Thunder

Auto Transport Service
Back