• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Regulator Repair

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Can you drill out the rivets and replace the gear box that the window crank goes on? my regulators were in the trunk for 30 years and got enough water on them that the window crank spline is shot, other than that they look great. if not I suppose it wouldn't cost a forture to fine another set somewhere.

Can you drill out the rivets and replace the gear box that the window crank goes on? my regulators were in the trunk for 30 years and got enough water on them that the window crank spline is shot, other than that they look great. if not I suppose it wouldn't cost a forture to fine another set somewhere.

You didn't mention if you have manual or power windows, but if you have manual, you can find decent replacement regulators on ebay just about every day. They are usually sold individually, so you can buy just the one you need. I'm not positive, but I think that the manual regulators are the same for 66-70 B-Body cars, but I'm sure one of the members can verify that. :yes:

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back