• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Motor Problems

markbob

Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Coronet with the 3 speed wipers.
Wiring was redone and correct.
Wiper motor redone by Passion for Mopars

I could not get the wiper to work on 3 speeds, so I performed the bench test procedure.
The Motor made a funny noise when hooking the brown wire up, but barely moved.
I Thought I had a bad connection, so I performed the test again.
Now the wipers will not move, and when using the switch on the dash, all I hear is clicking coming from behind the switch....no wiper movement.

I hope I didn't fry something....
any thoughts?

I packaged it up and sent it to Bill.
The motor was working in one speed earlier this am.
When I got it out of the car, the motor seemed to be seized up....and when I removed the outside cover, some springs, and other stuff fell out
With a seized up motor, is it possible to burn out the dash switch?
I hope I don't have to chase that down...

I packaged it up and sent it to Bill.
The motor was working in one speed earlier this am.
When I got it out of the car, the motor seemed to be seized up....and when I removed the outside cover, some springs, and other stuff fell out
With a seized up motor, is it possible to burn out the dash switch?
I hope I don't have to chase that down...
Bill will no doubt make it right!

I bet your switch is fine but if not he has a guy that can rebuild it...

Bill will no doubt make it right!

I bet your switch is fine but if not he has a guy that can rebuild it...
I checked out the website, and found the switch test procedure....I got out the multimeter, and the switch checks out.
I also checked power at the bulkhead in all 3 switch positions....12 volts
looking forward to getting my wiper motor back and reinstalling it....hopefully, everything will now be as it should be

I checked out the website, and found the switch test procedure....I got out the multimeter, and the switch checks out.
I also checked power at the bulkhead in all 3 switch positions....12 volts
looking forward to getting my wiper motor back and reinstalling it....hopefully, everything will now be as it should be
I am not surprised everything else worked well but the motor! The motor done by Bill will outlive you!

Last edited:
I know this thread is old but who is Bill? I have a 3 speed motor that doesn’t seem to be working.

Auto Transport Service
Back