• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

working on a Chevy plow truck...

1967coronet440

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys In need of some
Help, working on a 1999 Chevy k2500 with the 7.4 (454) i replaced oil and trans cooler lines, dizzy, plugs, wires, radiator... fired it up last night and no oil pressure, had oil pressure before I tore it down... if I got the oil cooler lines mixed up would that make it read no oil pressure? I’d think there would still be pressure if that were the case. If the distributor is off a tooth would it not spin the pump? Thanks in advance

Is it a electric pressure gauge or manual?

If you crossed a wire it would miss.No OP I would change the filter again.
The oil filter? I was running a data log with my snap on scanner and it didn’t show a misfire, but it was running like crap while I had it started, timing needs some work for sure.

So it was running,but no OP?If it were not clackin you may have missed the gauge wire........

So it was running,but no OP?If it were not clackin you may have missed the gauge wire........
Ran for maybe 30 seconds before I noticed no OP the shut it down. It did throw a P1345 code which is for the cam/crank timing I know I have work to do there but no OP scared me. I was thinking maybe I mixed up the feed and return for the oil cooler lines? But even if I did there would still be pressure right?

Being a '99 I am assuming it gets an electrical signal to the gauge. Did you look to see that the connector at the sending unit was still connected? Maybe you knocked it loose...or disconnect it and did not reconnect it? Maybe pulled a wire loose or broke one in the process?...or it just happened to fail at this time.

Being a '99 I am assuming it gets an electrical signal to the gauge. Did you look to see that the connector at the sending unit was still connected? Maybe you knocked it loose...or disconnect it and did not reconnect it? Maybe pulled a wire loose or broke one in the process?...or it just happened to fail at this time.
Ya I checked it, disconnected it and the gauge pegs at 80+ psi, reconnect and it falls to 0. This thing has been a nightmare, one thing after another.

Maybe install a mechanical gauge, pull the distributor out, insert priming tool and see if it has pressure.

Double checked my lines, they’re on correct. Loosened the filter to see if oil made
It there and it’s full so I’m guessing the gauge just so happen to take a dump? Still have a valvetrain noise I need to track down, collapsed lifter maybe?

How long without oil in the motor? Maybe take a little longer to prime and fill all the oil passages(including lifters)?
Doesnt the distributor on those only have 1 position to run (comp controlled timing)?

How long without oil in the motor? Maybe take a little longer to prime and fill all the oil passages(including lifters)?
Doesnt the distributor on those only have 1 position to run (comp controlled timing)?
Only had no oil for maybe 5 days, give or take a day. Yes the distributor is basically a 1 position you can turn it slightly. What you’re really doing with that is adjusting the cam degree which must be between -2 and 2 degrees for the computer to set correct timing. I’m going to prime it and see what happens, hopefully that’ll get rid of the clank.

Auto Transport Service
Back