Zinc Additive

1971 - 1974 Mopars

1. moparnation74

moparnation74 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    If it wasn't such a pain for me to purchase it in Texas. I would been using their oil...They have the best lubricants IMHO.

My pops side of the family are farmers by trade and have been running schaeffer oil in all their equipment since the first tractors were made. I cannot tell you how many burn barrels we made with the 50 gallon drums...

• Like Like x 1
    • monaco66coupe

monaco66coupe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:36 AM
      The new Diesel oil has all the good features of the old school oil, but no Zinc. The Lucas additive fills that requirement. And that oil Including the additive is a lot cheaper and plentiful. If you have multiple cars, even more so. A ten gallon Jug of Rotella and lucas goes a long way.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • mopar73dge

mopar73dge Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
        Local Time:
        12:36 PM
        I will be changing the oil on the 318 with Lucas classic car oil with the ZDDP, time wise what would be the maximum ? with my driving only 1200 miles a year I was thinking of changing the oil every other year with a new filter of course.

• ODZKing

ODZKing Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
        Local Time:
        I have been using GTX 20-50 (for older cars) in both cars. Then add the recommended amount of the Lucas additive. If you do the math it is less expensive that way. 5 qts + filter and some Lucas is less than 5 qts of Penn. At least around here anyway.

• mopar73dge

mopar73dge Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
        Local Time:
        After my Lucas classic car hot rod oil change for some reason the idle is about 100 rpm higher! tail pipes are cleaner I think it does what it claims to do... will see how it does for oil consumption, my 318 does eat some oil, about a qt per 1000 miles in the past.no smoke ever just uses some oil