• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘66 Belvedere 1/4 Window Install

Al T

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Would someone be able to post the assembly sheet for the rear window install on a ‘66 Belvedere 2 door hardtop? The regulators are already installed.
4A700091-9ADB-40F6-864A-7E3AB0DDF699.jpeg
8BF254D5-B821-47FC-8852-2B770E570826.jpeg

Also, are these part of the rear window installation?
F5E12173-3A06-4D32-8F33-D01484A7E7BB.jpeg

Thanks in advance.
Allan

Yes, the bottom picture show the roller that rides in two slots of the window frame - the top and bottom front slots I believe. There are two of them and they fit over the mostly vertical guide rail in the body and the big roller fits in the window frame slots. A roller on the end of the regulator arm fits in the front, middle slot.

A different type of roller fits in the rear most slot. It’s basically two rollers back to back and the big roller runs in the rear window frame track and a smaller roller runs in a short, mostly horizontal track on the body.

I hope someone can find you a go-by as installing them is a real chore. The window felts/fuzzies on the outside will need to come out to-get the window in.

Last edited:
Uggh.... my rear quarter windows are acting up. I refuse to let anyone roll them down just so I dont have to deal with this :(

good luck - and when ya get it mastered let us know,

Uggh.... my rear quarter windows are acting up. I refuse to let anyone roll them down just so I dont have to deal with this :(

good luck - and when ya get it mastered let us know,
There is a good article in the 66-7 Charger section basically the same procedure. Think it is a thread. Embarrassed to say I forgot his name.

From memory, the big rollers on the slides are put on after the glass is placed on the door and the regulator arm roller engaged in the slot on the glass frame Which I believe is the middle of the front 3 slots. Then each roller is put in its glass frame slot ( top and bottom slots) moved down to place on it’s representative slide shaft and the keeper pressed on - I used a small socket to press them on until it snapped in place. The slides are what you pictured in the bottom photo in the first post. The front rail will probably need to be loosened to get enough play to get the roller on the shaft of the slider.

The rear slider was a bear to install and I’m not sure I remember the process too well. I believe I lowered the window, unbolted the roller rail. Engaged the main roller in the window frame and the smaller roller in the rail and bolted the rail back in place. This sounds simpler than it really was.

Maybe this will spur someone to chime in with some more hints.

Auto Transport Service
Back