• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘71 Charger- Hideaway Headlight or Bumper Identify Part

71SandbugCharger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Please!

I took this off in a dash while disassembling my front bumper, Hideaway Headlight set, and headlight buckets and holders, and now I wonder what it could have been used for.

It looks like just a piece of stock that was rough cut and holes drilled into it.

Any ideas anyone else who has taken out or put in Hideaway Headlights?

Thanks

E403321B-CAF5-44FE-A551-ACBEA557F9F7.jpeg

On my 72 with hideaways I don't recall ever seeing a part like that

Someone made that to adapt something. I have had (including two now) several hidden headlamp cars and never seen a bracket like it.

Anyone know what page or picture shows the pieces and put together from the parts manual on mymopar?

I am not sure what version they have posted, my manual is the final revision dated dec 1971. The bumper assembly is on illus. page 13-8 and the hidden headlamp breakdown is 8-85 (only shows half)

Also if the body service manual is there there is a nice break down on the bumper assembly on pages 3-30 and 3-31 and the concealed headlamps starting on page 5-23

I have it on disc, I can load it up and look

How big is it? Could it be something someone made to attach a front plate to the car?

Auto Transport Service
Back