• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘71 RR clutch rod misery

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Installing all the 4 speed clutch works on the RR today. Torque shaft went in with no issues so moved on to the rods. Short rod by clutch fork was perfect (Thanks Brewers)Then total mayhem set in,the petal rod just would not cooperate I flip flopped it spun it end to end and could not get it to center up lt the firewall hole. Close but not to dead center,just figured that’s the way it was going to be.NOW I started to adjust the pedal ,yea right. After about a hour of cranking it one way then the other NOT even close, so to Brewers site I went Guess what I have a very nice ‘67-‘69 clutch rod!!!! 14 1/4” and a ‘71 is 15” (lmfao) Keep in mind this a 4speed conversion.Just used the rod that came with the pedals. Live and learn!!I will be calling Brewers in the morning for the correct rod.

65E3B2CD-2E1B-4465-8C47-C21BEC0139B2.jpeg 9B04B439-0A19-4FA4-812C-30CA5F4B28A3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back