• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Clocking” torsion bars.....help

65_Satellite

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I am in the process of putting my front end back together. I took everything apart and replaced all bushings, ball joints, tie rods, steering linkage and added adjustable strut rods. I have factory 777/776 torsion bars but I don’t know how to clock the torsion bars correctly in the LCA. I never marked it when I took it apart. How do I set it up and install the torsion bars correctly??

UpperCA bump stop out, let the LCA hang all the way down. Adjuster bolt loose, adjuster arm down about flush in the LCA and slide the bar into place.
beerestoration2018 033.JPG

UpperCA bump stop out, let the LCA hang all the way down. Adjuster bolt loose, adjuster arm down about flush in the LCA and slide the bar into place.
View attachment 1072316
Ok. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to let the LCA hang or lift it up before sliding the torsion bar in. It will go either way and that’s why I was confused

Most people put the numbers to the rear so you can read them. Ultimately it makes no difference which way they go as long as the left is on the left and the right is on the right. Which end is stuffed into the lower control arm makes no difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back