• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

07 charger 6 speed conversion

Bb70charger500

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys has any here done a 6 speed swap into there 06-10 Dodge charger? Or possibly seen one ?
So I have this super bee srt8 has the 6.1 2007. I need a 4 door but wanted a Challenger with a 6 speed .
So I'm actually quite happy with the charger I'm am used to a stick always have one to drive if not I get board!
So my ? Is how hard can it be ....
I already need new carpet in the front of the car . Cars low miles so I can sell the auto and recoup some money .
I'm looking at buying a totalled Challenger with a 6 speed I'm told there all the same behind a 5.7 ,6.1,and 6.4
Figured if I get a hole car I will have just about everything needed in one.hit
Anyone for see any issues?
Just for the sake of pictures here's the bee
818.jpg
820.jpg
821.jpeg

Yeah. There is no computer to account for the manual trans. The computers rely on multiple inputs for the car to function. It isn't just a matter of driving around with the MIL on, the car probably won't run.

I wonder if the donor car's computer would work?

Then again...
IF you can navigate though the miles of wires, you might be able to convert a Challenger harness to work with the Charger.
Years back, FBBO member Darius put a late model Hemi and 5 speed automatic in a 70 GTX. He had plenty of trouble with the project. The computers all communicate with each other and when one signal is just NOT there, the whole system is AFU.

I was thinking of just grabbing a 6.1 6 speed computer my brother in-law is a elc engineer he design s stuff for train's and ... So his problem .

Hey guys has any here done a 6 speed swap into there 06-10 Dodge charger? Or possibly seen one ?
So I have this super bee srt8 has the 6.1 2007. I need a 4 door but wanted a Challenger with a 6 speed .
So I'm actually quite happy with the charger I'm am used to a stick always have one to drive if not I get board!
So my ? Is how hard can it be ....
I already need new carpet in the front of the car . Cars low miles so I can sell the auto and recoup some money .
I'm looking at buying a totalled Challenger with a 6 speed I'm told there all the same behind a 5.7 ,6.1,and 6.4
Figured if I get a hole car I will have just about everything needed in one.hit
Anyone for see any issues?

You need to call Silver Sport Transmissions. They've already done it. https://moparconnectionmagazine.com...sts-tremec-6-speed-09-dodge-daytona-test-car/

IIRC aren't these new computers flashed & programed
by the VIN #'s of the specific optioned cars ?

so it'd need a manual car computer & the VIN #'s
if it (manual & computer) came out of a wrecking/recycle yard

just going on my recollection
I could be wrong, not the 1st time, won't be the last either :poke:

guys at Diablo Motorsport (maybe Hypertech too) do that stuff too
I think most the time they need the computer to be opened up
for mods out of the normal, beyond atypical aftermarket parts replacements deal
with just a flash in the OBDII ports, like the tuners ****

Well that's easy enough I'm looking at buying a few salvaged cars if the price is right sell off the non needed parts and figure this out .
I'll look into the company that did it pick there mind

Auto Transport Service
Back